Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers 3/24/13

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
I guess Gaborik is a lot more mature than you are.

EXACTLY. AND also KNOWS Torts on a personal level... Have you ever seen one of their practices or clips from their practices? The players LOVE Torts as a coach and realize how much he wants out of this team. Maybe picking Richards to go in the SO was a mistake (it was) but most of the time it's not even the head-coach that PICKS the shooters. They have video coaches behind the scenes that match up shooters with the goalie they're going against. In my eyes, Torts isn't the type of coach that would want to pick the shooters anyway.

The one thing I WILL get on Torts about is his love for Brad Richards and his inability to hold him accountable. Is his vision really that tainted by 2004's Conn Smythe trophy?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
EXACTLY. AND also KNOWS Torts on a personal level... Have you ever seen one of their practices or clips from their practices? The players LOVE Torts as a coach and realize how much he wants out of this team. Maybe picking Richards to go in the SO was a mistake (it was) but most of the time it's not even the head-coach that PICKS the shooters. They have video coaches behind the scenes that match up shooters with the goalie they're going against. In my eyes, Torts isn't the type of coach that would want to pick the shooters anyway.

The one thing I WILL get on Torts about is his love for Brad Richards and his inability to hold him accountable. Is his vision really that tainted by 2004's Conn Smythe trophy?

How is Torts going to hold him accountable when we barely have six forwards that can score? Until this team gets some more depth, there isn't much he can do. Kreider has not provided the depth that we thought he would this season.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
How is Torts going to hold him accountable when we barely have six forwards that can score? Until this team gets some more depth, there isn't much he can do. Kreider has not provided the depth that we thought he would this season.

Not to fight, but Kreider's played 13 games, averaging 10 or less mins each one. And I seem to remember he plays with Boyle and co more often than not. Torts has no trust in him, but he trusts Richards to keep one hand on the stick while he skates up and down the ice like an idiot, makes horrible passes and generally sucks offensively.

Oh yeah, Kreider is also 21, Richards is 32, and Kreider makes a lot less money than Brad Richards. Richards should be held accountable, not Kreider.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not to fight, but Kreider's played 13 games, averaging 10 or less mins each one. And I seem to remember he plays with Boyle and co more often than not. Torts has no trust in him, but he trusts Richards to keep one hand on the stick while he skates up and down the ice like an idiot, makes horrible passes and generally sucks offensively.

Oh yeah, Kreider is also 21, Richards is 32, and Kreider makes a lot less money than Brad Richards. Richards should be held accountable, not Kreider.

Not to fight, but Kreider looked like pure dog **** his first 12 games. As mediocre as Richards has been, he has been a far more effective player than Kreider.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
Not to fight, but Kreider looked like pure dog **** his first 12 games. As mediocre as Richards has been, he has been a far more effective player than Kreider.

Doesn't matter if he did or not. Richards has looked like dog **** for 29 games, and is more responsible for producing than Kreider is.

BarbaraAlphanse

Thats not saying much considering how poor Kreider's effectiveness was his first 12 games.

The point isn't to compare Richards to someone else on the team. I'm comparing him to his albatross of a contract and the responsibilities assumed with taking such a high paying contract. He's not living up to these responsibilities. He's not living up to his expectations.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
A bad game for Kreider is being invisible. A bad game for Richards is turnovers galore and odd man rushes the other way. Richards bad play is far more destructive, and considering the difference in ice time, much more frequent.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Someone need to call him out. What the **** does Brad Richards do for this team?

My biggest question is, what the hell was Richards doing on the 4-on-4 situations? He lacks speed and with only 8 men on the ice, you need at least that to make up for, or take advantage of the open ice.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lost in all this mediocrity and underperformance by Gabs and Richards and Torts bashing is the teflon Glen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: