Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Oilers 10/22/14 9:30 PM Caps Lose 3-2

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Canada attacked today. Expect a good start from the Oil and a load building

long shot? 1st star. 1 goal(deflected off his skate) 2 assists(neither a direct pass to anyone. say, a poke check and a dump in). Jay Beagle.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Carlson, Alzner, Niskanen and Orpik are just higher on the depth-chart than Green, or have been, anyway. And on PP, the dropoff from Green to Carlson, if any, has been statistically insignificant, so quite possibly Trotz likes Green bringing something extra to the 2nd unit.

By all accounts, Trotz has been happy with Green's game, so he's not out of favor or anything. But there's no clear reason to stick him on the top-4 at this point, as it's been quite decent, overall.

I think the Caps do not plan on keeping Green beyond this year and are keeping him from being a primary player. We will see if this changes at some point.

Right now Green is 2nd in the league in points per game from defense and tied for 2nd in ES points with players who have all played 7 or 8 games to his 4.

It might be that Green brings something extra to the 2nd pp unit but the reality is that he gets very little pp toi as a result. Carlson leads in pp toi among d at 3:29. Green is 3rd at 1:39. He's not getting much pp time. His pp production also backs that up. 1 pp point

Vladiator16*

I watched that Tampa-Oil game... Edmonton looked fast, but Tampa really lost that game more then Edmonton won it, if that makes any sense, probably because of so many injuries on the Lightning...
So, unless we totally **** the bed or refs give them something like 9 PPs, this should be 5-2, 4-1 kind of an ass whooping.
P.S nice .jif OP, but how about its +/- ?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Well I only remember losing to Edmonton like twice in the last 6 years or so and once was that insanely officiated game. We beat them soundly both time last year with Oates Logic.

I'm pretty sure your prediction will be off.

I've certainly been wrong before. We will see. The Florida game was the one they should have lost, I think. No idea what to think about this one, though hopefully they'll play the way a good team should against a bad team.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Was it last year or a few years ago where Sloan killed someone across the blueline on a west coast trip?

Also, I think Volpatti and Wilson had a great west coast swing last year.

It's a strange trip.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
giphy.gif

Updated my post with appropriate use of marquee.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe it's the dry white toast talking, but I think we take this game in spectacular fashion. Trotz should know these WC teams like the back of his hand. 7-2 Caps, all different players.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
It's not a real hockey season until Jay Beagle has been spotted in the top-6.

Let's have a great season, boys.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Philly/Pitt tonight at 8. Was watching the Philly/Chicago game last night. Holy **** Philly is out of sorts. They're going to get destroyed tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad