Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Flyers, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I feel like Carlson has gotten dumber over time.
He just seems increasingly out of shape. He just labors out there at times and it's ugly for a pro. It got chalked up to injury last year but there's no sign that's an issue now. Trotz talking like 25-30 minutes is a good idea and a smart challenge for him is just wrong. He's not in shape for it and it's only going to result in more suspect play. They don't have much of a choice now but they should dial it back whenever game situations allow for it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Aaron Ness, John Carlson...

giphy.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He just seems increasingly out of shape. He just labors out there at times and it's ugly for a pro. It got chalked up to injury last year but there's no sign that's an issue now. Trotz talking like 25-30 minutes is a good idea and a smart challenge for him is just wrong. He's not in shape for it and it's only going to result in more suspect play. They don't have much of a choice now but they should dial it back whenever game situations allow for it.

But you know that can't be true. This team measures all those stats. He would be singled out immediately. No accounting for smarts. Speak of the devil.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That ‘slashing’ call on Carlson was incredibly weak.

Voracek undressed Bowey on that one.

Flyers look like the more determined team for sure.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
But you know that can't be true. This team measures all those stats. He would be singled out immediately. No accounting for smarts. Speak of the devil.
Do they measure recovery rate and VO2 max? I don't know. His cardio just comes across as bad the way he labors and reaches rather than move. I'm sure he's fine as far as weight, strength, etc. and I guess it could just be mental but he didn't used to be so dumb. When he was in his first full season or two he didn't cut corners like he does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad