Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Flyers, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i am a bit nervous, long time since ovy scored a hattrick, i hope he redeems himself on this one.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Manning will take a run at someone and then Wilson will turn his face into mashed potatoes.

As for the actual game, probably need to score 3+ and have Gruby stand on his head to get out with at least a point. And Carlson/Orlov will play approximately 46 minutes tonight.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how Bowey does. Hopefully Trotz won't be afraid to give the Djoos-Bowey pairing some real ice time, though I imagine we'll see the pairings mixed up a bunch throughout the game.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Well..imho Bowey should have made the club out of camp so its the only bright side that Trotz is going to have to give Djoos/Bowey some playing time. Have to see what we got with those players and better early in the season when structure is a bit loose rather than in the new year when teams really tighten up.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
This might be a shit show with Ness Djoos and Bowey all playing. :help:

Do Djoos and Bowey get the second pairing minutes or Orpik Ness? Either way it sounds scary.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Niksy on LTIR

Where's the Alec Baldwin's gif??? represent well my mood after that news.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ovikovy817

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well Bowey has about ten games, give or take, to show he belongs this season. I am rooting for him big time.

I saw on Twitter his father caught the last flight out of B.C. and is supposed to land at 7pm. Hope he makes it.

Btw, I love it for Bowey and Djoos, sink or swim time. They are not "kids" they both have a lot of time in the AHL and went to Calder Cup Finals a season ago.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Injuries are going to happen. Might as well see what we have in the pipeline and give those guys a chance. It's early in the season, so if we're going to try stuff, now is the time. The NJD took a lot of cheap shots on us yesterday and I expect Philly will try it tonight. What a brutal schedule to start a season. So who gets the hat trick tonight?

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Its kind of amazing, isn't it? If Caps resigned Alzner( thank you Jesus that they didn't) and Nisky didn't get injured, Bowey wouldn't even play even though he's more than ready and was solid in preseason.

The Universe wants this.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Think of the positives. If Bowey/Doojs hold their own, we could be in good shape. With us recalling Bowey, are we below the ACSL? Just curious if we are banking cap space.
No. They are relying on the LTIR exemption to be cap compliant right now. They are not banking anything.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If Bowey and Djoos are actually good together over the next 10 or so games they almost have to waive Ness and Graovac to keep Bowey in the lineup. It would be silly to handicap your team to keep two dime a dozen guys in the press box I would think?

That would leave us with one extra forward Chiasson/DSP/Walker probably rotate that. One extra D Chorney/Djoos/Bowey rotation for #7.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
TEB so much more natural, knowledgeable and comfortable in that intermission/rinkside role than gormley and jill used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->