GDT: Capitals @ Devils

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Caps have been really lucky this year in regards to injuries. Nothing major and the stars have been relatively healthy. If injuries start to hit then it is officially good night sweet prince.

That was a while ago, my friend.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@SkyKerstein: The last time the #Caps lost five in row with no points was indeed Nov 10th-21st 2007... Glen Hanlon was fired after the 5th loss

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1 goal loss. Moral victory. Rebuild version 3 progressing

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I didn't think the Caps were Cup contenders entering the year but no way in hell did I think they would be one of the worst teams in the NHL. Where is txpd to mock the negativity?

Liberati0n*

Your right, taking timely and costly penalties are no big deal. I hope you get hired as our new GM.

Do you really not understand? Erat's penalty isn't worse because the team happened to score on the PP. The PK unit could have just as easily prevented a goal and you would've mostly forgotten the penalty. Erat or whatever player you want to insert has nothing to do with whether the PK does its job afterward. His penalty is the same either way. Also it's "you're."

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I didn't think the Caps were Cup contenders entering the year but no way in hell did I think they would be one of the worst teams in the NHL. Where is txpd to mock the negativity?

After watching that reprehensible Game 7, I lost all hope that this core, at least with this FO and coaching, would ever be good. We've seen this too many times in recent seasons. George needs to go immediately.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Sad thing is, we can still make the playoffs if we fire Mc A Hole and Oates but we rather just wait it out and fail instead

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
@SkyKerstein: The last time the #Caps lost five in row with no points was indeed Nov 10th-21st 2007... Glen Hanlon was fired after the 5th loss

you remember that scenario? post game hanlon said he was out of ideas and didn't know what to do next. he effectively resigned with that statement. if oates says same tonight, he's done. i would not hold my breath.

he will say they played better and they will talk about it. that their reads were good.

Liberati0n*

you haven't considered the obvious reverse possibility. have you? that McPhee is still in his position because ovechkin wants him there. eh?

If Ovechkin has any input in such questions... :help:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
you haven't considered the obvious reverse possibility. have you? that McPhee is still in his position because ovechkin wants him there. eh?

That'll be the first I've ever heard of a player wanting a GM to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad