Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils | 1:00PM EST | NBC / SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
Two more matinees in a row. Maybe the Caps can finally figure this whole afternoon game thing out this season.

Futures Passed

Sep 2, 2018
The entire Ovechkin era says they won’t
I feel you. There are so many damn matinees this season though, that hopefully sheer exposure and a disgruntled Laviolette can beat some growth and change out of them. I want them to be prepped for possible playoff matinees. Plus, as tough as this playoff race is this season, the matinee points alone could actually decide their fate.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I think there is an interesting front office story going on with Samsonov. Maybe just a conspiracy theory, but I think the Caps will suppress the number of games Sammy plays to less than 25. If he plays 25 games this year he will no longer be waiver exempt. That means we can keep him in Hershey and bring Copley up as our “exposed” goalie in the Seattle Expansion draft. That will allow us to keep Vanecek and Samsonov as our goalies next year.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I think there is an interesting front office story going on with Samsonov. Maybe just a conspiracy theory, but I think the Caps will suppress the number of games Sammy plays to less than 25. If he plays 25 games this year he will no longer be waiver exempt. That means we can keep him in Hershey and bring Copley up as our “exposed” goalie in the Seattle Expansion draft. That will allow us to keep Vanecek and Samsonov as our goalies next year.
Doubt it. They’re protecting Sammy either way and if Copley gets exposed he’s not getting picked so doesn’t matter either way.

Futures Passed

Sep 2, 2018

Thanks for explaining that. I have been wondering if they could still potentially protect Samsonov depending on his total games played. At this point, I would be good sending him to Hershey later on and bringing in a rental vet for the playoffs. Keeping the goalie duo for the future would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad