Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Coyotes 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Vrana will be really good in the playoffs, his game is made for the playoffs. Drives hard to the net and brings the puck through the neutral zone with speed.
Maybe. His game is built on speed, and there tends to be less space to operate during playoffs.

But the willingness to go to dirty areas and to absorb abuse around the net is definitely valuable, both regular season and postseason.

Plus he has goalscorer’s knack for finding pockets and soft spots around the slot. Also seems effective at parking in front and tapping home the pass from behind net or across crease.

Has definitely surpassed my expectations so far. I expected more of a yo-yo season with him bouncing back and forth b/w Top 6 and Trotz doghouse.

The Bura and Oshie injuries, combined with offseason departures of MoJo and Williams, gave 13 a great opportunity, and he has made the most of it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Maybe. His game is built on speed, and there tends to be less space to operate during playoffs.

But the willingness to go to dirty areas and to absorb abuse around the net is definitely valuable, both regular season and postseason.

Plus he has goalscorer’s knack for finding pockets and soft spots around the slot. Also seems effective at parking in front and tapping home the pass from behind net or across crease.

Has definitely surpassed my expectations so far. I expected more of a yo-yo season with him bouncing back and forth b/w Top 6 and Trotz doghouse.

The Bura and Oshie injuries combined to give 13 a great opportunity, and he has made the most of it.

The playoffs are all about speed now. That's how the Penguins won back-to-back championships.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not sure what Orloiv and Niskanen were doing on that goal. Niskanen was in no mans land. Terrible goal to give up

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Games like these are why Caps will never win in the playoffs. Their idea of defense is to just throw the puck out of the zone and wait for the next rush to bring it back in. Horrid defensive strategy. Trotz will never win here, much like he never won anything in Nashville. Every year I see players simply let a puck go and turtle back to the center of the ice (even though the puck is right next to them), makes me wish we got Lavi instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad