max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
upload_2021-4-11_11-30-45.gif

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I feel they're going to rotate the goalies until the playoffs. Which is kinda dumb, by now you should already make up your mind who's your prefernce and roll with the guy, he needs to be ready for that clear #1 role. But I kinda like the suspense. Imagine Laviolette tells them who's gonna have the net the night before the game 1. Talk about nut check lol.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I feel they're going to rotate the goalies until the playoffs. Which is kinda dumb, by now you should already make up your mind who's your prefernce and roll with the guy, he needs to be ready for that clear #1 role. But I kinda like the suspense. Imagine Laviolette tells them who's gonna have the net the night before the game 1. Talk about nut check lol.

you would hope one would have seized the #1 by now, but neither seems capable currently.

Reactions: Melkor

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
As far as the goalies I wish Sammy kept position better, duder needs to learn economy of motion and holding steady, he gets caught out of net too often and flailing
I think he's got the better raw skills than VV and really like his bigger size and generally better rebound control than VV
but wish I knew whether it's been all of our goalie coaches not named Korn that can't get our goalies to the top level or whether it's that our goalies just aren't top level period

Think Vladar is in goal for B's tonight

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Is back to back starts a sign they want Vitek to carry the mail? Maybe a win and stay in scenario?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
As far as the goalies I wish Sammy kept position better, duder needs to learn economy of motion and holding steady, he gets caught out of net too often and flailing
I think he's got the better raw skills than VV and really like his bigger size and generally better rebound control than VV
but wish I knew whether it's been all of our goalie coaches not named Korn that can't get our goalies to the top level or whether it's that our goalies just aren't top level period

Think Vladar is in goal for B's tonight
Sammy's rebound control is not better than Vans. They both suck bad in that department. It's just Vanecek a little bit better at positioning that helps him make more saves with less movement and keeps him ahead in that race at the moment. They both terrible at puckhandling, their glove side is also a big suspect but I give the edge to the Van at making a timely save. While you can't call it his trademark he's still a more reliable option for that than Samsonov from what they've shown so far. Samsonov has all the athleticism but he's so flawed at basic stuff that it really is a concern is he really an NHL #1 caliber. Vasilevski had a similar problem when he was like 20 but he wasn't nearly as flawed and by the time he was 23-24 he was on another level. So there are a lot of questions about the guy they wasted a 1st round pick on at arguably the best draft in the cap era.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Is back to back starts a sign they want Vitek to carry the mail? Maybe a win and stay in scenario?

Since they started the rotation, Sammy got consecutive starts once and this is Vitek’s first. Given it was his net for a lot of the season, I don’t know that they learn a lot by keeping him in net now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad