Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Bruins 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Speaking of Umberger. Who can forget Campbell rocking his world in the playoffs. The old days of Sabres respectibility.

Rick Jeanerette’s call was really something on that play. I still remember it. Oooooh! What a hit by Campbell!

Umberger had his head down looking for the suicide pass. He got absolutely destroyed. Talk about playing the wrong way...

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Habs fan coming in peace

Watched this one to see how bad the Bruins D was gonna be, but I just wanted to say how awesome your broadcast team is. Joe Beninati is always a delight and the colour commentator Craig was great too.

P.S. Thanks for getting Larry a Cup

You know Craig Laughlin was a Hab too? Came to the Caps in the Rod Langway trade and found a home for life.

Also, (most) Caps fans would say "Larry Eller got us a Cup" so its all even there :)

5pSErE.gif

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Lucky win against AHL defense. Vanecek should have got shutout, terrible ECHL goaltending to allow AHL Bruins to score.

Ovechkin is done, cant score for his life. Can we still get a mid round pick for him this TDL?

Doing it right? we can still roar. Chill up guys and girls, we are not done yet.

We could maybe squeeze Rakell in with 50% retained. Would it be worth a 1st? Or 2nd +? It might be. If BM does something i hope its something like that, and dont waste assets and cap space on a goalie or fourth liner who isnt supposed to really contribute in the playoffs.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Rick Jeanerette’s call was really something on that play. I still remember it. Oooooh! What a hit by Campbell!

Umberger had his head down looking for the suicide pass. He got absolutely destroyed. Talk about playing the wrong way...

I was watching this game live as well. Although, I think, I watched the Versus broadcast. One of the most memorable hits ever for sure. Maybe even up there with the Kasper hit on Lindros.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Habs fan coming in peace

Watched this one to see how bad the Bruins D was gonna be, but I just wanted to say how awesome your broadcast team is. Joe Beninati is always a delight and the colour commentator Craig was great too.

P.S. Thanks for getting Larry a Cup
Thank you. Joe and Craig are fantastic indeed. I love the fact that they compliment the Caps’ opponents as well when credit is due. They are not hopeless homers who are unidirectionally focused on one team. I also adore Craig’s catch phrases like “tough customer”, “total roof job”, “goalscorer’s goal”, etc. These two are one of the best combos in the league.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He was correct about those Caps. I didn't like it, but the truth hurt then, however it don't now.

I am convinced the Caps playoff monkey with an assist from the NHL showed those Caps didnt lose on style. I am not a conspiracy guy but I do believe in game management. In 2009 the Caps had a legit 2-0 on Pittsburgh and the league gave the Pens every chance not to get swept in that series. Game 3 was a joke. After losing that on an OT PPGA, the old choker Caps talk started up.

Bruce didnt manage it well, but neither did Trotz on 3 straight occasions

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I am convinced the Caps playoff monkey with an assist from the NHL showed those Caps didnt lose on style. I am not a conspiracy guy but I do believe in game management. In 2009 the Caps had a legit 2-0 on Pittsburgh and the league gave the Pens every chance not to get swept in that series. Game 3 was a joke. After losing that on an OT PPGA, the old choker Caps talk started up.

Bruce didnt manage it well, but neither did Trotz on 3 straight occasions

I'm talking about 2010 specifically. They weren't playing playoff type hockey and everyone knew it. Amazingly enough they had enough talent to win playing however they wanted. Stupid disallowed goal ruined it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm talking about 2010 specifically. They weren't playing playoff type hockey and everyone knew it. Amazingly enough they had enough talent to win playing however they wanted. Stupid disallowed goal ruined it.

I blame that series on Varly for soft earl first goals setting up the Habs rope a dope

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->