Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Rangers 12/8/2013

RangersHank*

Callahan's postgame interview is a joke. Just another game to most of these guys. I cant stand the attitude of this team this year

Punxrocknyc19*

Callahan's postgame interview is a joke. Just another game to most of these guys. I cant stand the attitude of this team this year

i wonder if this will ruin his Christmas.. he learned a lot from Chris Drury. i hope gets traded.. he wont be worth the 6 mil that im sure some team will offer.... trade him and start rebuild the prospect pool a bit....get some close to NHL ready players back...

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey

"Yah ya know just gotta yah know turn things around yah know we gotta be more consistent ya know, blah blah blah."

Cally is a **** captain. He didn't even sound like he was bothered after the game.

Punxrocknyc19*

some captain Callahan is.. no emotion from him at all.. and it runs through the rest of the team except Dorsett.. at this point Dorsett is more of a captain than Callahan... Callahan complains too much to refs lately.. its pretty pathetic.. :help: i hope they trade him.. but he will resign here long term 6 years 5 mil + :shakehead

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He says the same ******** after every loss. I hate his attitude, and have for a while now. No fire, no anger.

Henrik is the one player on this team that actually gets ANGRY when they lose. He HATES to lose. We need more players who have the same attitude as him instead of Callahan's canned, politically correct answers after every game. It's truly OLD and played out.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
i wonder if this will ruin his Christmas.. he learned a lot from Chris Drury. i hope gets traded.. he wont be worth the 6 mil that im sure some team will offer.... trade him and start rebuild the prospect pool a bit....get some close to NHL ready players back...

Callahan, Stepan and lots of others player are all available in my book. I wouldn't be against a massive trade to completely rebuild the team.

RangersHank*

Good to see people finally realizing that Callahan sucks as a captain

Punxrocknyc19*

he learned a lot from Chris Drury.. enough said.. i want a captain who gets angry... id love that captain on the Ducks or the one on the Stars... :help:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Callahan's postgame blandness used to be ok when he would let his actions on the ice lead the team. Being relentless on the forecheck. Finishing every check. Busting his ass all over the ice.

With the on ice fire gone, the off ice fire is definitely more of an issue.

RangersHank*

he learned a lot from Chris Drury.. enough said.. i want a captain who gets angry... id love that captain on the Ducks or the one on the Stars... :help:

I just want some emotion. Guy sounds so relaxed and calm. I cant stand it

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011

I started a thread about Callahan and his inability to lead this team and got roasted for it. So many "he leads by example" comments. He does set an example but no one is interested in following him. NY needs a strong vocal captain that can lead. someone with personality.

I think management envisioned him taking another step with his play, ala Adam Graves, but I don't think he has it in him.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I started a thread about Callahan and his inability to lead this team and got roasted for it. So many "he leads by example" comments. He does set an example but no one is interested in following him. NY needs a strong vocal captain that can lead. someone with personality.

I think management envisioned him taking another step with his play, ala Adam Graves, but I don't think he has it in him.

I loved Cally on the Pack line
He is probably injured now and that holds him back a bit
But he is going to wither quite fast now I Believe due to his style and history
If he cannot lead by example on the ice, acts like a blander version of Chris Drury off the ice and is therefore really quite a bfailure of a living version of Steve Rogers (my least like Marvel superherio ever btw) both on & off - why are we going to heavily overpay him now on his retirement contract? I guess his time has come now as the "GET RID OF THE cAPTAIN" has finally started. Send him to Buffalo for Steve Ott, a 2nd rounder and a prospect and call it a day

RangersHank*

I got roasted too. Management was dead wrong if they expected that from him

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly, I could care less about the post -game garbage. Show it on the ice. Nothing worse than saying all the right thinks in the interviews and nothing changes on the ice.

Last edited:

Punxrocknyc19*

Honestly, I could care less about the post -game garbage. Show it on the ice. Nothing worse than saying all the right thinks in the interviews and nothing changers on the ice.

this team does not have the heart and grit to do this... they say the same crap over and over and the same pathetic crap on the ice is seen over and over.. same crap different game same result

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Someone had written in another post of the players that actually give a ****, both through their post game interviews, as well as on-ice play

Hank
McD
Zuccarello
Dorsett
Kreider
Nash (who I am not really a fan of)

Honestly, that is our new core if you ask me...

Everyone else can sail away as far as I am concerned.

Short term:
Keep: Stralman, D. Moore, J. Moore, MDZ, Stepan, Beach, JT Miller, Richards
Gone: Pyatt, Poo, Boyle, Staal, Girardi (my favorite player, too), Falk, Callahan

At the deadline, we should become sellers to get some of this dead weight off, but you know why that won't happen? Because nobody wants this dead weight that we have... Beyond Staal and possibly Boyle, Pyatt and Pouliot are terrible trade pieces.

Long Term: Trade guys that simply don't fit for guys that do fit. Easier said than done, but that is why I'm not in Hockey Management for a living

Puckface NYR*

Someone had written in another post of the players that actually give a ****, both through their post game interviews, as well as on-ice play

Hank
McD
Zuccarello
Dorsett
Kreider

Short term:
Gone: Pyatt, Poo, Boyle, Staal, Girardi (my favorite player, too), Falk, Callahan

At the deadline, we should become sellers to get some of this dead weight off, but you know why that won't happen? Because nobody wants this dead weight that we have... Beyond Staal and possibly Boyle, Pyatt and Pouliot are terrible trade pieces.

Long Term: Trade guys that simply don't fit for guys that do fit. Easier said than done, but that is why I'm not in Hockey Management for a living

I wouldn't be opposed to any of this, outside of Stepan. He's a very good player but should never ever be expected to lead a team. He's an asset and a young one to boot. It would be a mistake to not consider him a part of the core.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Saw this on Carp's board, from "Stranger Nation".

NYR Goals/TOI/Shooting %
How much time on ave it takes each player to score a goal

1. Nash- 45; 9.3%
2. Kreider – 58; 11.7%
3. Cally – 60; 11.7%
4. Hagelin – 61; 16.1%
5. Richards – 64; 9.3%
6. Zuccarello – 86; 8.8%
7. Brassard – 93; 10%
8. Puliot – 113; 7.1%
9. Stepan – 113; 6.9%

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Hank
McD
Zuccarello
Dorsett
Kreider

Short term:

I agree with this post except J. Moore has no business being on this NHL team right now. Send him to HFD.

I agree with all who should be traded, except Falk. He's fine as a #7.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i really do not think hanks the problem.

last night he was beaten on a couple pedestrian shots that found holes. the one over the shoulder was a dead screen. happens. there was a goal mouth scramble goal that was juut ugly. the last goal a seeing eye deflection.

he/we got hosed on that pitiful penalty shot call and then grab snipes one over his shoulder that no one could have stopped. that shot goes high/wide 90% of the time in that situation.

he made some world class saves that were simply crazy, thats a 5-1 game last night easy. all the really hard shots and difficult saves he made. he actually played really well.

hank is really not the problem. the contract may be, but thats what you do when you have a guy like that in net. you pay up.

its been said a dillion times, you give henrik even 1 more goal per game and were in good shape. give him 4 per game and i like our chances every night against anyone.

we need some offensive talent in the worst way. we need goals scorers. time to make a move.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
So let's see. Coach issues strongly worded public challenge to veteran players....crickets. Hmmmm.

Me thinks something will have to give and pretty soon...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I agree with this post except J. Moore has no business being on this NHL team right now. Send him to HFD.

I agree with all who should be traded, except Falk. He's fine as a #7.

Falk is OK... I suppose he is more solid than Eminger. I think J. Moore is a usable 6th or 7th Dman...

In your opinion Rasp, who would stay on this team in the event that a complete gutting occurs this coming deadline?

Some more rants by me:

I'm not really for ripping the D apart, because it's been functioning fine. Needs to mature into the system AV is trying to implement. I still think the team is better suited for Zone Defense, and not Man-to-Man...

However, I think the reason why AV uses it is for line matching. BUT the strategy as a whole is very confusing once the team enters your own defensive zone, because you have 2 Defensemen going against 3 forwards, which now means you need your centerman to drop back.

None of our centermen our defensively-minded save stepan, so the strategy is showing the holes that we have seen. Couple that with our 5th thru 7th dman not being very fast, or making dumb decisions (the former MDZ, the latter JMoore), and you get the result of our current defense for the last 20 games (not all 30, because the first 10 nobody knew wtf was going on)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad