Post-Game Talk: Capital Punishment

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why are people getting on Schneider? He's been fine for much of this year and played with garbage for most of it. Miller has also been fine for the most part this year. People were just saying a few weeks ago they we have to sign him to a long term deal because he's a stud. What happened? Oh wait. They lost 4 in a row and have looked like shit so everybody sucks. Got it.
Because the Rangers put up shorthanded shot metics when he's on the ice and that matters to some people.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
You're right.
Yeah, but we're not getting that. I'm not interested in having the conversation of firing the coach as a panacea but Edge warned us that Gallant is a cheerleader, not a tactician.
IIRC, the bill of goods we were sold re: Gallant was that "Players love him and will skate through a brick wall for him". Thing is, I'm not seeing that either.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m not worried at all. This week has been a major distraction, new guys here, lineups a mess, guys reading their own headlines of how good they might be, really tough schedule. They’ll be fine. Once the deadline passes.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’m not worried at all. This week has been a major distraction, new guys here, lineups a mess, guys reading their own headlines of how good they might be, really tough schedule. They’ll be fine. Once the deadline passes.
I'm worried.... about Shesty.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They played like dogshit, but I’d rather get this bad stretch out of the way now at the end of February than have this going into April. Hope Lindgren’s adamantium skeleton heals quickly and that the Kane nonsense gets more energy back into the room.

This is a good chance to give Robertson a long look to see what he’s got. Igor needs to get back into form too

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Why are people getting on Schneider? He's been fine for much of this year and played with garbage for most of it. Miller has also been fine for the most part this year. People were just saying a few weeks ago they we have to sign him to a long term deal because he's a stud. What happened? Oh wait. They lost 4 in a row and have looked like shit so everybody sucks. Got it.

I'm glad management has kept this kid in the lineup despite whatever people on here see in charts. It's not that I don't think he makes mistakes or has bad games, quite the opposite.

Reactions: leetch99

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
IIRC, the bill of goods we were sold re: Gallant was that "Players love him and will skate through a brick wall for him". Thing is, I'm not seeing that either.
This is gonna be a f***in typical Machinehead thing that people don't like but the extent to which effort is measurable or material is limited when the results aren't there, and you simply can't try your way into succeeding at this level.

They showed a ton of guts coming back in the playoffs and they've been in more physical altercations than pretty much every others team over Gallant's tenure. They have a number of gutty wins that are easy to forget in a losing streak.

I don't see that as an issue. It's just not going to fix anything if they just don't play well enough.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Because he f***ing sucks

I'm sorry but he's been a massive, massive net negative at the NHL level his whole career and this board and front office absolutely let it go because he's big and tough. He's literally never been good. I think he will be but right now he's part of the problem.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah I wonder if that has to do with the fact that he's always on the ice with the 4th line. Sometimes it's ok to watch the game.
Sometimes it's ok to admit viewings are limited and look at other tools also. There's no need to go on the attack.

I think it's more than fair to say Schneider is always out there when we're getting slammed and there's always an excuse. For me, it's less his play and more so that it's a complete non-discussion. Kreider, Panarin, Zibanejad, and even Fox take more shit. He's certainly not a player who should walk on water and I think it's fine to say "hey, you know what, it's always this guy." I think he gets the least criticism on the board.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Because he f***ing sucks

I'm sorry but he's been a massive, massive net negative at the NHL level his whole career and this board and front office absolutely let it go because he's big and tough. He's literally never been good. I think he will be but right now he's part of the problem.
He's not that bad. He's 21, he's been saddled with a dumpster fire on the other side his entire NHL career, and seems to be on ice every time the 4th line is on.

Which is odd because people in here are always complaining that the 3rd pair is out with the kids too much
The 3rd pair has been on ice with the 4th line a ton this year.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The shifts with the 4th line are remembered, an inherent flaw with the eye test, sorry to say.

Schneider's most common forward linemates are Trocheck and Chytil.

Both Trocheck and Chytil are bad in these minutes. Chytil gets absolutely crucified. 42% CF with Schneider and and whopping 55% without.

Schneider is really bad at shot differential. Sorry, but he literally is.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Sometimes it's ok to admit viewings are limited and look at other tools also. There's no need to go on the attack.

I think it's more than fair to say Schneider is always out there when we're getting slammed and there's always an excuse. For me, it's less his play and more so that it's a complete non-discussion. Kreider, Panarin, Zibanejad, and even Fox take more shit. He's certainly not a player who should walk on water and I think it's fine to say "hey, you know what, it's always this guy." I think he gets the least criticism on the board.
I'm not going on the attack and I don't think he walks on water but I would like to see how he plays when he doesn't have complete garbage on the other side.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Just looking at some with/without stuff, it's a shame Jones got banished to the AHL. Also, only 25 minutes away from Schneider, but Mikkola has some solid numbers once he's with anyone else.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I think people forget just how dominant Miller looked not enough like 2 weeks ago - he'll be fine. I'm honestly more worried about Trouba who's had maybe one decent stretch the entire season. Picked a good year to have the worst season of his career
Miller is almost 100% athletic ability. There's nothing really wrong with that, and it allows him to do awesome things, and recover when his positioning and reads are bad, but the fact it's all physical attributes means there will be times when he just gets overwhelmed until he develops more game sense

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not going on the attack and I don't think he walks on water but I would like to see how he plays when he doesn't have complete garbage on the other side.
Mikkola isn't complete garbage!!!

I think I'm more talented offensively but he's an excellent shot suppressor.

That pair has been good, actually. People are just mad at Mikkola because he took penalties five games ago.

Reactions: mike14

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The shifts with the 4th line are remembered, an inherent flaw with the eye test, sorry to say.

Schneider's most common forward linemates are Trocheck and Chytil.

Both Trocheck and Chytil are bad in these minutes. Chytil gets absolutely crucified. 42% CF with Schneider and and whopping 55% without.

Schneider is really bad at shot differential. Sorry, but he literally is.
So then we are basically f***ed then if Lindgren is out long term.

Mikkola isn't complete garbage!!!

I think I'm more talented offensively but he's an excellent shot suppressor.

That pair has been good, actually. People are just mad at Mikkola because he took penalties five games ago.
I wasn't including Mikkola in that. He's only been here for 7-8 games.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Miller is almost 100% athletic ability. There's nothing really wrong with that, and it allows him to do awesome things, and recover when his positioning and reads are bad, but the fact it's all physical attributes means there will be times when he just gets overwhelmed until he develops more game sense

Even with all his warts, Miller has scored some insanely timely goals and has the ability to take a game over. The best we can hope out of Trouba is that he only has 2-3 bone-headed plays a game and not 5+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad