Not open for further replies.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Red Tank on the loose in Landover!
1712537620721.jpeg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
True. But that stretch was nice. Gave us a bit of hope. But in the end, we simply don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

I didn't expect them to be playing meaningful hockey by game #77 of the season, so they were a little bit above expectations. The way the season ended is super deflating though, nobody other than Ovi stepped up to score clutch goals.

Somehow, losing in OT only decreased our chances by 4% down to 15%. Losing in regulation would've decreased our chances to 8%.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Not an NHL 3C. To my eyes anyway
He certainly needs to clean a lot of things up to be an NHL 3C, but i think he can. But he has been rough lately.

As i have said many times here, this is what you get with youth. It’s why full rebuilds suck so much.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Looks like he is a 3C. Good news is Lappy is clearly looking like a 2C.

To be a #3C, he needs to be far more responsible defensively. My benchmark for a proper 3rd line center in the NHL is Lars Eller in his prime. I would trust him to take a key faceoff over CMM any day.

I wonder if they bring Leonard into the mix as a center or a winger. Hopefully they find a way to make him fit at C.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
To be a #3C, he needs to be far more responsible defensively. My benchmark for a proper 3rd line center in the NHL is Lars Eller in his prime. I would trust him to take a key faceoff over CMM any day.

I wonder if they bring Leonard into the mix as a center or a winger. Hopefully they find a way to make him fit at C.
Move Protas to center, let Leonard play wing

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I would bet $20 on the exact opposite happening

Actually, not so sure. I can see Pitt beating the Leafs, but the fishsticks and the Wings are sketchy teams too. Some really crappy teams are going to qualify this year anyway we look at it. I think it's too late for us though, this was our chance.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Actually, not so sure. I can see Pitt beating the Leafs, but the fishsticks and the Wings are sketchy teams too. Some really crappy teams are going to qualify this year anyway we look at it. I think it's too late for us though, this was our chance.
Isles shut out the hottest team in hockey yesterday. And the Wings match up great against us. Much faster than we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad