Cap City Summer Elite League

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Maybe this doesn't surprise me whatsoever because of the NBA and stuff like the Drew League. Page 1 was eyebrow raising 😂

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Have you looked at the rosters? These guys are not Joe Schmoes. No beer league guys on the ice. These are NHL, AHL, ECHL, NCAA and Canadian Juniors players, Euro Pros and USHLers. And I assume it was by invite.

Actually anyone can sign up, but you have to have minimal Tier II hockey experience.
So no Joe Schmoe....

Looks like an organized, highly skilled beer league game. No D, guys just walk in.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
New rosters:

From CBJ: Kuraly, Roslovic, Laine, Meyer, Jenner
Former CBJ: Sherwood, Richards, Nyquist, Atkinson
Sillinger doesn't play again.

FTR, that is Kiefer Sherwood listed on the link you gave us. I don't think Kiefer ever played for the CBJ. He is a former CBJ AAA player but his brother Kole played for the CBJ.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Roslovic and Laine also see each other's butts. They have really great chemistry. Too bad Jack will probably be traded.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
How did they not broadcast the damn development camp
Yep. Would've been super fun to watch the dev camp with this kind of production. (The main camera here being a bit too dark is my only gripe, otherwise a great job.)

I don't know if anybody should be analyzing these games... but in the 614 game Laine and Roslovic sure were buzzing a bit without trying too hard. Laine made some nice setups and nice crisp passes from time to time (that one at 47:40 is niiice), Rosy buried a couple. In the second period they were getting on the scoreboard all the time, feels like they upped their effort level a bit. Laine ended up with 3 or 4 goals. They weren't dominating by any means though. Meyer and Sherwood on the other team looked like they came to play but some good individual efforts from other folks too. Was a little more hockey-style than regular NHL 3-on-3, I guess nobody wanted to slow it down and keep possession for an offseason game like this. Pretty clean too, only the ice surface was trying to trip up players.

MrEckted

Jan 28, 2008
CBus
Yep. Would've been super fun to watch the dev camp with this kind of production. (The main camera here being a bit too dark is my only gripe, otherwise a great job.)

I don't know if anybody should be analyzing these games... but in the 614 game Laine and Roslovic sure were buzzing a bit without trying too hard. Laine made some nice setups and nice crisp passes from time to time (that one at 47:40 is niiice), Rosy buried a couple. In the second period they were getting on the scoreboard all the time, feels like they upped their effort level a bit. Laine ended up with 3 or 4 goals. They weren't dominating by any means though. Meyer and Sherwood on the other team looked like they came to play but some good individual efforts from other folks too. Was a little more hockey-style than regular NHL 3-on-3, I guess nobody wanted to slow it down and keep possession for an offseason game like this. Pretty clean too, only the ice surface was trying to trip up players.

I wish I could blame the ice for how badly I skate in Beer League lol

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
I’ve encountered several hockey moms who are repping the cap city league pretty hard. So many pictures of liane with kids in front of his car. Just perfect entertainment for a weekday summer afternoon.

get your Cap City league gear here!

Last edited:
Reactions: VT and koteka

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
How did they not broadcast the damn development camp
There could be many ways to answer this question.

One is Yamo Media doesn't seem to be affiliated with CBJ.

Another one is not enough backlash from the fanbase for not streaming it last year lead them to think they don't need to do it this year either. I guess most fans didn't care about the lack of content and/or just bought the "bad wifi in the building" excuse.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
I was just looking at Matt doing a sizing event in Newark. The 614 Guys busts their ass and have great products along with a very strong sense of hockey design. I tried to get him to design a line of hockey 🥅 inspired work tshirts,golf shirts etc for me, he said they were too busy and I believed he wasn’t just blowing me off!

614 hockey is going to be a long term Columbus institution. Get your gear now. They are serious when the “say hockey lifestyle brand”. I’m so excited to have such a cool brand developing locally

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJx614

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
There could be many ways to answer this question.

One is Yamo Media doesn't seem to be affiliated with CBJ.

Another one is not enough backlash from the fanbase for not streaming it last year lead them to think they don't need to do it this year either. I guess most fans didn't care about the lack of content and/or just bought the "bad wifi in the building" excuse.
I don't know what Yamo Media is but I'm willing to bet they don't have the same resources a fricking NHL hockey team has.

But the CBJ also still does press conferences with terrible video quality on Zoom too.

Those 614 jerseys are the re-branding cbj needs. So spicy
I'm not sure I'm buying the Miami Vice/Jordan 3 Elephant print jerseys but they look great for a roller hockey league.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Have any of you "adults" gone to the games? Are they fun to go down to watch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad