OT: CanucksHF - Yahoo Fantasy Leauge (Draft is Thursday, Sep 25th at 10pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Anyways...
My first overall pick is available for trade.
I want more depth on my team.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
It starts with an exchange of the 1 rounders...
And I want a second rounder...
At least.

I probably want to exchange 3 or 4 draft picks...
To be honest.

this season draft pick or next year? because you would have to go to FA for picks that you lost........

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
this season draft pick or next year? because you would have to go to FA for picks that you lost........

Every team has to have 26 picks.
It will be an exchange of picks.

An example would be 1st and 6th...
For 2nd and 3rd.

I want to stack up on early round picks.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
BS9dAsA

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
That is interesting...
And it will certainly change the way people draft...
But with a changeable list...
I do not think it matters.

I think I will allow players picked up from free agency to be made into keepers later on.
Sometimes a player emerge mid-season...
And he was never available at the beginning of the season.

This is the main reason I just tried to add this "rule". Sometimes we find a gem (or two) in mid season and then you want to keep them both. Since you must have 26 players at the end of the draft, and you want to make them keepers, they need to be slotted somewhere. Hence, i suggested the last rounds.

Sometimes, when I try to explain something, my brain translates portuguese-to-english in an shameful manner, and I write some of the stuff in a very confusing way. Sorry about that (and my poor english).

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
We should just trade picks from the same year. I know it's not ideal but we don't want to make things too complex, at least in the beginning.

Trades cannot be commenced now...
But I can move around draft orders from any round manually.
If anyone want to move up or back...
They just have to agree on it...
And inform me.
I can set it up.
However...
The draft picks traded must be for this upcoming draft...
Because I cannot alter next year's draft yet...
So there cannot be any future for present trade...
And there will need to be an equal amount of picks traded...
Because the number of draft spots has to remain at the same for all teams.

Once the draft is done though...
Next years' picks can be traded.
The option is there in the trade proposal button.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
This is the main reason I just tried to add this "rule". Sometimes we find a gem (or two) in mid season and then you want to keep them both. Since you must have 26 players at the end of the draft, and you want to make them keepers, they need to be slotted somewhere. Hence, i suggested the last rounds.

Sometimes, when I try to explain something, my brain translates portuguese-to-english in an shameful manner, and I write some of the stuff in a very confusing way. Sorry about that (and my poor english).

I will just allow waiver pickups to be set as keeper.
It is a lot less complicated to explain...
And with the unlimited times a keeper list can be changed...
It really does not matter all that much.

It is a good idea though.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Okay, I still don't get the last round draft thingy for FA keepers.

It works better if the keeper list is frozen...
Or if there is a quota on how many times a list can change.

However...
Since there is no limit...
And anyone can be made into a keeper...
As long as the player was on the roster at one point...
That rule becomes rather obsolete.

Last edited:

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Okay, I still don't get the last round draft thingy for FA keepers.

I will try another approach. :)

At the end of any draft, everyone has the same number of players (in our case, 26). Let's assume, for some reason, that you drafted Milan Lucic in the 8th round and the guy has a serious case of brain fartness, becoming a one trick poney of PIM's and nothing else.

You say that's enough and decide to gamble on Shinkaruk, who is a recent call up since someone gets injured, and Shinkaruk starts to tear every damn defense apart like Bure. You decide to make him your LW keeper.

So you have 4 keepers, 4 players that are predetermined, and one of them is Shinkaruk. Since that, at the end of every draft, you must have 26 players and you want Shinkaruk to be one of them (you made him a keeper), you must slot him (and the other keepers) in any of the rounds of the draft. My suggestion is, since the guy was picked in the waiver wire, he must be slotted in the latter rounds, in particular in the last round.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I will try another approach. :)

At the end of any draft, everyone has the same number of players (in our case, 26). Let's assume, for some reason, that you drafted Milan Lucic in the 8th round and the guy has a serious case of brain fartness, becoming a one trick poney of PIM's and nothing else.

You say that's enough and decide to gamble on Shinkaruk, who is a recent call up since someone gets injured, and Shinkaruk starts to tear every damn defense apart like Bure. You decide to make him your LW keeper.

So you have 4 keepers, 4 players that are predetermined, and one of them is Shinkaruk. Since that, at the end of every draft, you must have 26 players and you want Shinkaruk to be one of them (you made him a keeper), you must slot him (and the other keepers) in any of the rounds of the draft. My suggestion is, since the guy was picked in the waiver wire, he must be slotted in the latter rounds, in particular in the last round.

So when we draft again next season, we'll draft all the keepers last? I thought Yahoo had keepers already so we wouldn't have to do this.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
So when we draft again next season, we'll draft all the keepers last? I thought Yahoo had keepers already so we wouldn't have to do this.

From what I found...
There is a Keeper Management Tool...
But I cannot seem to find it.
The teams have to be drafted first before I can make any keeper changes...
I think.

If not...
I can always just do it manually.

Last edited:

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa

Yes and no. Yes, you have to "redraft" the keepers and, usually, but no, following the rules, you must slot them in the round where they were drafted. For example, if you draft Ekman-Larsson in the 5th round in 2014 and you want to make him a keeper, he will be "your" draftee in the 5th round in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad