Post-Game Talk: Canucks win 5-1 - The Sedins are regressing like the Flames. Goals! Miller! Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Yay, a win! McCann looked pretty good despite getting pushed around somewhat.

Hutton, a beast.

Sbisa. Garbage.

Dorsett, Prust. Two pointless, embarrassing fights and not much else.

Sedins are vintage Sedins.

Miller better than expected.

Burrows hustling out there.

Not a good game for Tanev.

wat. Tanev was good and the 4th line did their job. :huh:

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I don't know how many more nights we'll have like this this season but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :) Nice to enjoy a win without overthinking or looking too far into the future sometimes too.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Miller looked quite good, much more firm in his crease than last year and, as a result, always square to the puck. Cross-crease movement was quite crisp too. Encouraging sign. Also, Sedins look timeless.

Was also very impressed with Hutton who has a little bit of a case of the crazy legs. He's not quite as composed as Tanev, but way more creative. Very nice skater. As mentioned, appears to have the build, skill-set, and IQ to be something special.

Also McCann was very strong on the back check. His mobility helps him a ton in this regard, and I noticed he's also pretty strong on the boards. Again, another high IQ player who tends to make the right play.

The fourth line actually played quite well. Prust makes Dorsett look like he skates like Bure though. They appear to have solid chemistry, but I expect virtually zero offense from them.

Sbisa is just...Sbisa. Whatever I've accepted it. Bartkowski was another vet who looked much improved from pre-season.

Overall, good game, but I'll need to see some consistency before I even begin to think about anything close to playoffs.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I missed the first period. Here's my thoughts:

Considering that Sutter hasn't been around as long to form chemistry with the Sedins yet, I will say that I really like the way he cycles the puck with them (that is, properly). He knows where to go, he's quick, and he's good on the boards. Honestly, he really reminds me of Burrows mixed with Hansen with the Sedins. Something different there.

Still not big on the second line combo. Horvat is a heavy forechecker when he's in the offensive zone, and Vrbata is way more of an off-the-rush kind of player. I really think McCann and Vrbata would look better together. Baerts, honestly, just seems like this year's Vey to me, early on anyways. Hopefully that changes. I would really like to see Virtanen draw in with Horvat for a game.

Burrows and Hansen have their game, and I almost think that Horvat is better-suited to it than McCann. Having said that, the line produced two goals this game so I'll look at that as a positive and go from there.

Prust is useless, Cracknell is a grinder, and Dorsett is Dorsett. To be expected.

Edler still looked like he was in pre-season form. Tanev, on the other hand, looked like Tanev.

Hamhuis was solid, Bart was okay.

Sbisa had his traditional goal against versus Calgary.

Hutton is a very intriguing player in the offensive zone. He's a roamer, he moves unpredictably. He looks like a real threat out there. And in the defensive zone, he looks good.

Miller was good.

I hope McCann gets awarded that assist. In my mind, he got it. It's awesome to see both rookies get their first NHL points in the season opener. That will totally ease them into their early trails with the big club.

Good game. I don't get why we are still afraid of Ferland. Just punch the guy in the head or something.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

Hutton, a beast.

Sbisa. Garbage.

Dorsett took the Ferland factor out of the game 2 seconds in.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I hope we never get Romanuk and Johnson calling a game ever again.

Hey, they taught me today that ice is slippery, and if you fall down (cuz it's slippery), you'll keep on sliding away (cuz it's slippery.) I didn't know that.

Oh wait a minute... YES I DID ****ing KNOW ICE IS ****ING SLIPPERY. :rant:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Jeez, 244 members on HFNucks right now.

Canucks need to win like this more to rejoice HF

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
There's really nothing to **** on Sutter about. He did more than what was expected. If he works with the twins and the kids stick we have a **** ton of depth.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver

Hutton, a beast.

Sbisa. Garbage.

Wut? 1 assist and+4 = bad game? He played a classic tanev game, not flashy but smart defensive plays and passes.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Dorsett took the Ferland factor out of the game 2 seconds in.

and Prust changed the momentum with his fight as well.

I have no issues with the two fights, everyone been asking for a Ferlund beat down so im glad Dorsett did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad