Post-Game Talk: Canucks win 5-1 - The Sedins are regressing like the Flames. Goals! Miller! Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Liked sutter sedins bo vrbata burr hansen mccann prust doorset and even cranknell up front. Not happy with baerchi at all in are lineup. Edler and tanev good hamuis barkowski too. Hutton quiet and sbisa was good but makes some big mistakes. Miller really solid game glad he did it cause not sure hes great overall

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Replacing Sbisa with a half decent RHD would help this team take a HUGE step forward. He is by far the weakest link.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Goodnight all. Was a fun first GDT. Let's hope more like this than the ones I usually avoid.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I could see the Sedins playing at a .75 pace till they are 40. What a smart game they play.

This was a vintage Sedin game for sure. Does anyone have a gif of Daniel lifting his leg to let the pass bank off the boards behind the net to Henrik? (might be mixing up the two haha)

Top to bottom effort tonight, Calgary never had any push aside from the opening few minutes and halfway through the second. I'm surprised so many played well. Bartkowski cleanly skating it out of trouble half a dozen times it seems. Hutton making simple, effective, yet creative plays. Even Sbisa cleaned up his game real nice after that signature pizza. Miller looked comfy deep in the crease, right where Rollie wants him. Sedins were wizards. Sutter couldn't ask for a better start. Tanev got rewarded for playing nearly-perfect defense with a beauty of a stat line.

Ahh, it just feels plain good to win.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Sutter had some good chances with the Sedins. I'm not sold on him, but he's definitely a decent linemate. I prefer Vrbata/Burrows in terms of the # of raw chances they create.
Sedins made some poor passes. However, their play improved as the game progressed.

Not sold on the second line. However, there were good chances.

Not sold on the third line. However, production was evident. Didn't really notice McCann

Nice start for Hutton.

Great game by Tanev and Miller.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Just seems way too simple to put Sutter with Dorset and Prust. Scratch cracknell. Put vrbata with the twins and slot jake with Bo.

That has to be the home opener lineup IMO.

Turnbuckle, turnbuckle. Wait I'm still a genius let me throw my ..... okay you hilarious. :yo:]

Waiting excitedly for your analysis.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't remember it being this bad at all last year...

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
That's what I was thinking. A lot of the games we won last year seemed to be because other teams didn't take us seriously, and we squeaked out some wins. This felt like Calgary were doing everything they could, but just couldn't compete. Feels good, man.

Very curious to see how both teams play in the game on Saturday. Should be very telling.

I know! Crazy days (daze) man! Not only did this new weird and wacky team take them off guard tonight, it took us off guard as well.

Not sure I expect it to last, but....woohoo! Tonight rocks! Happy dance time!

43c4a8777e66ae1e86e71c95ad11b5a0.jpg

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Enjoyable game and thread.

I'm sure there will be some rough nights this year, but nice to have a night off from the negative crew that have brought down the board all summer.

:handclap:

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
This.

Solid game. Would really like to see Virtanen back with the Horvat and Baertschi line as it's seriously missing that physical element.

Great game from the Sedin line. Also thought the McCann line played well. Hutton looked good. Sbisa looked like puke again. Fourth line wasn't impressive.

Were you watching the same game?

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Yay, a win! McCann looked pretty good despite getting pushed around somewhat.

Hutton, a beast.

Sbisa. Garbage.

Dorsett, Prust. Two pointless, embarrassing fights and not much else.

Sedins are vintage Sedins.

Miller better than expected.

Burrows hustling out there.

Not a good game for Tanev.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
its depressing how good a situation this team could be in if they didnt take on all the albatross contracts that they have

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Sutter will shut up a lot of haters if he keeps up his play. Doesn't have that tenacious work ethic Burrows has or the skill of Vrbata, but he seems to be a "safe" player, if you will. Won't do anything crazy on his own, but he'll always be there to support a play and keep it from going awry.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
This.

Solid game. Would really like to see Virtanen back with the Horvat and Baertschi line as it's seriously missing that physical element.

Great game from the Sedin line. Also thought the McCann line played well. Hutton looked good. Sbisa looked like puke again. Fourth line wasn't impressive.

such ****ing ********. so much tunnel vision on this board it's become comical. Sbisa was fine tonight. hamhuis had worse giveaways...edler too. the free pass edler gets is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad