Canucks win 3-2: Cory Schneider's jersey crest is great in the shootout.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Or you can go check out the even strength ice time stats to see Stewie is 100% accurate in his comments. I know, it's hard to come to grips that the new savior behind the bench is no different than the others that have cycled through the organization, but that is the nature of the business when the management team wants immediate success rather than looking for long term solutions and a behavior we should demand the team change. Develop the young players and screw these old retreads and journeymen.

:facepalm: I never said he was wrong but Sven sees only offensive time unlike Stajan and Stempniak. They are giving him a minute and a half a night on the pp that is alot, RNH only got 14 minutes a night of 5v5 in his rookie season and I would say he was farther along in his development then Sven is now people need to calm the **** down.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
He has only played 5 games since his injury at the end of November, the Leafs just sent Gardiner to the ahl because he wanted played in a while as well they don't want to rush this kid.

Yeah, so you play him in the soft games and sit him in the tough ones. No, the Flames do the opposite. This isn't tough to figure out yet the Flames continue to **** it up. Horak sent packing and Baertschi in the press box so guys like Comeau, Jackman, Stempniak, etc. get a regular shift and don't "rush" the kids. Great strategy!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, so you play him in the soft games and sit him in the tough ones. No, the Flames do the opposite. This isn't tough to figure out yet the Flames continue to **** it up. Horak sent packing and Baertschi in the press box so guys like Comeau, Jackman, Stempniak, etc. get a regular shift and don't "rush" the kids. Great strategy!

Stempniak out played Horak plain and simple, Sven can't grind that would ruin him to force him into that ala Nino. You are probably the most ignorant poster on this board, I think you should go to the Oilers board or the Canucks board ******** on every little thing the Flames do is more of their style.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Stempniak out played Horak plain and simple, Sven can't grind that would ruin him to force him into that ala Nino. You are probably the most ignorant poster on this board, I think you should go to the Oilers board or the Canucks board ******** on every little thing the Flames do is more of their style.

Ignorant? Apologists are always entertaining. When was it that you clued in the Flames were not going to make the playoffs last season again? Yeah, ignorance prevented you from seeing the obvious. That same ignorance is preventing you from seeing the future of this year's squad as well. Your ignorance prevents you from taking into consideration what Oilers and Canucks fans have to say and dis tilling the truth from their bravado. Just as our trash talk about their team is couched in some truth, what they say about our team has some truth. It sucks to be backing a loser right now, but it sucks even harder to be watching the same mistakes time-and-time again.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Ignorant? Apologists are always entertaining. When was it that you clued in the Flames were not going to make the playoffs last season again? Yeah, ignorance prevented you from seeing the obvious. That same ignorance is preventing you from seeing the future of this year's squad as well. Your ignorance prevents you from taking into consideration what Oilers and Canucks fans have to say and dis tilling the truth from their bravado. Just as our trash talk about their team is couched in some truth, what they say about our team has some truth. It sucks to be backing a loser right now, but it sucks even harder to be watching the same mistakes time-and-time again.

I thought the Flames would be lucky to make the playoffs last year no ignorance there sitting Sven isn't the same mistake we usually make as we either rush prospects or ruin them on the 4th line sitting him instead of a 4th line shift is an improvement but like I said you should post on another board you will be more accepted for ******** on every little thing the team does, Sven sits one game and we have ruined him etc.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If Sven sits, that would be too bad. He's one the Flame that I wanted to see play. I get that Hartley wants to send a message, but I think this is exactly the type of game that he would thrive in.

Just my opinion.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

You mean go back to the Oilers board and back to being an Oilers fan.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Heres an idea. Why don't we all just put CGYPUXCANTSPELLSTUFF on our ignore lists and then the problem will be solved and we won't have to have arguments with him in every ******* thread. :dunno:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why are people still responding to that guy who is obviously a Canuck or Oiler fan and is just here to rile people up.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
^^
Because a guy named mjw22 isn't around anymore to rile people up. My favorite was the guy who didn't understand the difference between a post and a thread. FlamesArmstrong was his name, thread making was his game. I think he was chasing a record of some sort.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Why are people still responding to that guy who is obviously a Canuck or Oiler fan and is just here to rile people up.

Can this be put to rest now?

CGYPUKSUX
I am an Oiler fan. I grew up just outside Red Deer. I was a Stampeders/Centennials/Wranglers fan until the NHL came to Alberta. First team in got my support, which was the Oilers. I am different in that I don't buy all of this "rivalry" tough guy stuff that so many of the posters on this board seem to embrace ad I'm willing to acknowledge the strengths of our rivals and applaud the solid moves they make. We should be learning from their good moves and hope our team emulates them. I have nothing against Calgary or the Flames other than some of their fans are ignorant donkeys. As this site proves, both teams have more than their fair share of donkeys.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

captainiamdetectinglargequantitiesofwininthissector.jpg

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Wow, props to some other Flame. Finally the mods have enough evidence to send this guy packing for trolling

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
What's really funny is that he or she is replying to an Oilers fan who's having the same issues we have.

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
Yes, because this team is built to be successful and shows signs of being headed in the right direction. Do you even "watch" hockey? I mean actually observe the play and flow of the game? Do you then watch other teams and their games to compare and contrast that to the Flames? If you did you would quickly come to the conclusion of just how bad this team is. Seriously, they have not been in a game this season. They may have earned a point in Vancouver, but they were badly outplayed, for the third straight game. I don't see much to get all excited about and only see a long season of losses piling up. But the stats monkeys are in a full lather, pointing out who the team "leaders" are quantitatively rather than actually doing the difficult thing and making a qualitative analysis of who has actually been good and bad. Bravo!

BTW, best players for the team so far have been the B's. Backlund and Baertschi have been the highest performers at their positions so far in this short season. Too bad they haven't been given the opportunity that the veterans you mentioned have had thrust upon them. Have to respect the meritocracy Hartley said he was going to implement.

:sarcasm:

Not even going to try to argue with you since the whole time I've been a part of this forum you've not once considered a change in opinion, but I'm sure you have already convinced yourself anything your brain comes up with is the truth so it's not really surprising.

Yes I was watching the game, and just because I saw it differently from you that doesn't mean I'm wrong, just like how you're not wrong just because you saw it differently from me. Backs and Bear have barely been noticeable outside of the first period against the sharks, and the times he has scored. I say this not because I'm against bringing youth up, but because that's what I saw. In my opinion you've adopted a mindset that wants to change this franchise similar to the Oilers where we force kids to be the future of this team.

Hartley has played the vets more because he felt playing them was the best way to win. If you haven't noticed, the flames are trying to win this season and not rebuild. Bear has been severely underwhelming compared to last season, and I believe the fact that he is young is clouding your judgement that he is playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad