Canucks waive D Travis Hamonic (All Hamonic Discussion)

Do you want Hamonic to Opt Out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
The issue with Hamonic is he has been replaced with Luke "0.5 PPG" Schenn for less $$$ and more toughness.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Everything around Hamonic this year is just peculiar.

Was he sick? Who knows. It doesn’t seem like it’s actually known.

Is this just cap stuff?

Are they making a waiver claim? If so why wouldn’t it be Burroughs that gets sent down? Why do it before knowing you won the claim?

Nothing makes sense with this organization.

Reactions: mossey3535

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Now I’m just picturing him hitting “Enter” on his keyboard to recall Hamonic, and then panicking hard when he realized it worked and trying to reverse it before Aquilini saw it. :laugh:

Well he hopefully won’t get a chance to play the lottery website game so he has to try something!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He was just an anti vaxxer but unlike Tyler bertuzzi, hamonic plays in Canada and bertuzzi can at least still play a all American games.

For that we tried to waive him, But no nhl team wants a guy like that on their team.

hamonic gave in, in favour of his 3 million dollar salary job, and my guess he’s just got double jabbed. Canucks have won 2 straight and wants to keep that line up.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
This sucks, as much as I had a pre-hate on for Ham from all the Tanev-Ham comparisons.. he has been pretty damn good as a Nuck. Very steady, willing to throw if anyone messes with Huggy. The season is already lost, but if that wasn't the case, this would be a hit.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
According to Canucks Army, it looks like the recall and then demotion was a case of the left hand not exactly knowing what the right hand was doing. Green didn't want to put Hamonic in the line-up, so Hamonic got sent back down to get some games in with Abbotsford. Either Benning didn't know that Green wasn't big on Hamonic playing right away, or Green saw something in practice that he didn't like.

Travis Hamonic sent back down to Abbotsford Canucks seven hours after getting recalled

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So after all the chastising of fan speculation and doublespeak about Hamonic's 'personal situation' from Benning and the Canucks, in the end it was all vaccine related anyway.

It's a mystery to me how this front office has a shred of credibility left on anything. They'd be better off just keep their mouths shut. At least then they wouldn't consistently come across as the complete fools they are.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
At the game, hamonic doesn’t look great right now. Needless holding penalty that led to a goal and just looks slow.

Reactions: Lindgren

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Maybe it was just Benning seeing if he still had the authority to do anything. Dare to dream.

That hilariously makes as much sense as anything. Like an employee who thinks he's fired sending an e-mail just to check if he's been locked out of the system.

Edit: Saw Mr. Canucklehead beat me to the thought, lol

Reactions: racerjoe

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Here's the thing: what are the odds this latest bit of oddishness from Hamonic are legitimately going to turn out actually to be some sort of "bigger than you know" type of scenario? I mean, that's not what happened last time.

Regardless, I just can't fathom why Benning and Co. resolutely refuse to get out in front of this mess.

Edit: Well, to be honest, I can fully fathom why Benning/Co. can't get in front of this. But I've already hit my quota of dead-horse-beating for the week.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad