Canucks waive D Travis Hamonic (All Hamonic Discussion)

Do you want Hamonic to Opt Out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Here's the thing: what are the odds this latest bit of oddishness from Hamonic are legitimately going to turn out actually to be some sort of "bigger than you know" type of scenario? I mean, that's not what happened last time.

Regardless, I just can't fathom why Benning and Co. resolutely refuse to get out in front of this mess.

It would require that Benning have a press conference. He’s already had one this year so he’s good until June or so.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I just dont get whats going on here, and especially how this wasnt foreseen or a concern while the team was negotiating a pretty considerate deal with the player

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Hamonic was on the ice and skating with Hughes at the morning skate, so, I suppose he's been called up again?

If he has indeed been called up, I wonder whose decision that was.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I just dont get whats going on here, and especially how this wasnt foreseen or a concern while the team was negotiating a pretty considerate deal with the player

This keeps getting asked and keeps getting answered. I mean Columbus signed Rinaldo in August and about one month later he was told to stay home. There's ample evidence to suggest that vaccination status wasn't part of contract negotiations throughout the summer. Heck, even the NHL's position was that they expected most people to vaccinated and didn't feel the need to apply for any governmental exemptions.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
This keeps getting asked and keeps getting answered. I mean Columbus signed Rinaldo in August and about one month later he was told to stay home. There's ample evidence to suggest that vaccination status wasn't part of contract negotiations throughout the summer. Heck, even the NHL's position was that they expected most people to vaccinated and didn't feel the need to apply for any governmental exemptions.

i think this goes beyond vaccination status

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
i think this goes beyond vaccination status

What do you mean? What else are you referring to when you say " how this wasnt foreseen or a concern while the team was negotiating a pretty considerate deal with the player"?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
What do you mean? What else are you referring to when you say " how this wasnt foreseen or a concern while the team was negotiating a pretty considerate deal with the player"?
I suspect that whatever's going on with Hamonic goes beyond vaccination status, it's all been too chaotic this year. I won't speculate what's really happening but the team should have had a sense of what's going on based on working with him last year and negotiating the contract over the summer.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I suspect that whatever's going on with Hamonic goes beyond vaccination status, it's all been too chaotic this year. I won't speculate what's really happening but the team should have had a sense of what's going on based on working with him last year and negotiating the contract over the summer.

Yeah, there has been drama around this player nearly constantly in three different organization since like ... 2015?

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

more likely it's just vaccination status.

cept in this case dude is using " but my daughter " as an excuse

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

That's hard to say. Hamonic had a decent season last season and has always been known for being good in the locker room and good off the ice. Obviously, we live in kind of unprecedented times where people are quitting their jobs or retiring rather than take the vaccine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad