Post-Game Talk: Canucks vs Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Uhhhh, so many people buying into the Don Cherry rhetoric on fights, completely ignoring how the Canucks still dominated minutes after the fight, with Tanev nearly scoring as he cut to the net.

Then Bourque skates over and gets a lucky shot past Lack.

That was the momentum changer, not the fight (not that I'm defending the bad play of Dorsett)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I hope they sit that PP unit down and get them to watch the tape of their breakout. Why they insist on moving up the ice at a walk is beyond me. Even when they gain the line they spend a ton of time just tossing the puck around the boards trying to get some space. The closest thing the Canucks have to a defender with speed and skill is Tanev. I hope they'll give him a shot.

It's isn't just about strategy on the pp, it's personnel. The 'Nucks must be the only team in the league employing a d-man on the second-unit with no goals...I know Hammer is likely playing hurt right now, but gimme a break!....meantime the guy JB acquired for his pp skills, Clendening, is a healthy scratch night after night....if the 'Nucks falter down the stretch and miss, it will be the pp that does them in.:shakehead

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Markstrom playing in a few days is gonna be the most important game for his development and career.

If he has another game like before, I doubt he gets another look in the NHL

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I don't see why we can't just take out Sbisa and Weber, put Bieksa with Hamhuis and then keep Stanton/Clendening together.
I will not say this again,but when will this coaching staff wake up,and just put Kevin (dam) Bieska in the press box.No matter who he plays with,it seems to be the Blank Blank pair.Sbisa was playing ok when this guy was out,and as soon as he comes back,Willie D puts him back with Sbisa.Hello,,,,,,,this guy has done crap this year and it was a blessing he was out of the line up.Its time for a new chapter,not the same page.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Seems a bit extreme. He does some frustrating things with personel but its offset by the position in the standings he's gotten the team to.

Did you really think at the beginning of the season this team would be likely to make the playoffs at this point?

Most resonable people thought we'd be battling for a Wild Card. They didn't think we'd be doing it by beating Chicago, St Louis, San Jose, and dropping games to Buffalo, Arizona and Columbus however.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
Pitiful effort against bottom feeder teams: Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus...

Good teams just blow them out while we're giving up critical points.
Bye bye playoffs, welcome 9th spot.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Seems a bit extreme. He does some frustrating things with personel but its offset by the position in the standings he's gotten the team to.

Did you really think at the beginning of the season this team would be likely to make the playoffs at this point?

Minus the injuries last year and I thought we'd be right around where we are this year: a team battling for one of the last 4 playoff spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad