Confirmed with Link: Canucks trade Dickinson & 2nd (2024) to Chicago for Riley Stillman

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Don’t like this. Could’ve just bought him out next off-season.
Or sent him to the minors and picked up some space.

People here got it right - just another bit of the Benning legacy. Are there any defenders of the dimwit's left.

Stillman - decent puck moving defenseman but not a player that can tilt this trade in the Canucks favor. Only way that happens if the cap space can be used to fetch something. That's unlikely.

Reactions: mossey3535

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I thought it might have been possible to waive Dickinson and use him as a call up if he could find his game.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
These are the kinds of trades I was expecting from the Canucks this offseason. Shedding Bennings dead weight.

No idea why it took until October 7th to finally happen. About time.
I’m not sure if I agree with the about time part.

They were always in this tight squeeze cap situation. I would hope they expected preseason injuries to happen.. because… they always do.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't think they had a choice with the injuries and the lack of cap space. they were going to be hard pressed to get a cap compliant roster with all the injuries they have

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Would of rather used the 2nd round pick to get out of Poolman 3 year contract instead of 2 years with Dickinson.

I mean it sucks to loose a 2nd but that’s the price right now - maybe we should of just waived him instead?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i don't think they had a choice with the injuries and the lack of cap space. they were going to be hard pressed to get a cap compliant roster with all the injuries they have

This is correct. Following the Myers injury they were screwed. This is the cost.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Stillman sucks. Madison Bowey P. II.

Another sign management is going all in. RIP draft picks the next few seasons.

Reactions: TruGr1t

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I wonder if this may trigger a Rathbone trade for a RHD? Not that he would garner a significant return but maybe a RHD swap with LA?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't mind the cap dump as long as management is planning to do something useful with the cap space.

So far I can't say I trust them to do that. We'll see lol

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I’d rather keep our 2nd rounder, we don’t have much in the system and this core isn’t going anywhere. No need to give up good picks to dump cap when we’re not contenders, but we also shouldnt have been signing UFA’s to big dollar contracts when we don't have the cap room.

Reactions: MarkMM

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't mind the cap dump as long as management is planning to do something useful with the cap space.

So far I can't say I trust them to do that. We'll see lol

It's saved our owner 2.5 mil. It allows us to get cap compliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad