Canucks Trade Deadline - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Would be interested in something like Rodin + 3rd round pick + conditional 1st round pick (condition of him re-signing) for Clowe.

if the first is conditional on either winning a cup or re-signing, yeah, sure. i don't think he'll get re-signed so it won't be a first

just do a thing like rodin + 3rd that becomes a first if. thats palatable

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
i feel the need to express my disappointment about not getting jagr one more time

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
****. Kinda sucks to lose out on Clowe. We really could have used his skill set here. Hopefully we can pry someone like Clarkson out of New Jersey.

YouppiKiYay

Jul 3, 2011
Bellingham, WA
I keep seeing speculation on Twitter that a lack of extension for Raymond may mean he's on the way out. Any actual trade rumors? Or are people just spitballing?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
GO FOR SKILLED FORWARDS, toughness is overrated.

Cammy pommy vanek something like that

StringerBell

Is that really enough though?

This team is tough and gritty, we need scoring.

If he plays in the top 6 with Kesler I think they can provide elite level secondary scoring, but then we would have to address our 3rd line center position again. Basically I just think it's unrealistic that fans want us to add two top 6 forwards in one day when there's only a handful available and a bunch of teams interested.

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
When Gilman said they were targeting at least one more player, it's pretty clear that player was Clowe. I wonder whether there's a Plan B.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
****. Kinda sucks to lose out on Clowe. We really could have used his skill set here. Hopefully we can pry someone like Clarkson out of New Jersey.

Yeah but look at it this way - NYR is also up against the cap. Can they really re-sign him? They also have to re-up some important young guys like Hagelin and Stepan.

We might be able to get Clowe in UFA for nothing. And if we rented him I'm not sure that a glut of wingers would improve us significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad