Post-Game Talk: Canucks to the west: "You're Welcome." 2-1 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Honestly at the start of the season who would have thought Daniel Sedin would have more points than Stamkos, Giroux, Getzlaf, Toews or any of those guys. This guy looked like he was done..Man am I glad he's back

Daniel Sedin is the leading playoff-bound scorer from the Western Conference alongside Jiri Hudler.

Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin have more points but the Stars are now out of playoff contention.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
Honestly, I would put Weber as the biggest surprise on the back-end all season.

He's making Clendening look like a horrid pickup.

Basically what we hope Clendening can be one day except retaining Weber doesn't cost us assets.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
what the Sedins did tonight was a put a team on their back and carry them to victory. they completely owned the best possession team in the league, I think they had a 70% CF% with less than 50% offensive zone starts. I was at the game and the place was buzzing, what a performance by every single core player.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
He's making Clendening look like a horrid pickup.

Basically what we hope Clendening can be one day except retaining Weber doesn't cost us assets.

That was the issue I had with the clendening pick up at the time. Not that I didn't like getting a player like him but I felt that we already had Weber so it seemed redundant. Ibwas worried that he would just steal weber's spot so I'm happy that don't happen, but it still makes me sad that we are going to let Weber walk after this year since we have to have clendening on the roster.

Weber has done everything the team has asked him to do and having a career year. I hope he gets a good contract and a good chance somewhere next season.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
what the Sedins did tonight was a put a team on their back and carry them to victory. they completely owned the best possession team in the league, I think they had a 70% CF% with less than 50% offensive zone starts. I was at the game and the place was buzzing, what a performance by every single core player.

Two games in a row.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was satisfying. Ahhhhhhhh.

Would've ideally preferred to beat LA in regulation so that pesky loser point isn't hanging around in their point totals, but whatever. At least we got the W.

--Sedins: man, it's so nice to see how dominant they can still be, especially against this team, which is so good at shutting them down. One thing I miss about Kassian being on their line is how much bigger they play with him cruising around out there. Today they played like that. Actually going in on the d, fighting for pucks and forcing the play, then using that Sedin telepathy. Those little passes, whoops, where'd the puck go? Oop...nope, over here...ha ha...now over there...now NET. Damn, I missed that.

--Horvat line. They're actually effective because like the Sedins tonight, they get in on the forecheck and pressure the d (seeing a theme here?). Kenins back into Latvian Locomotive mode, good to see. And BoHo...man, it's so impressive to see how strong he is at 19. Dragging defenders along with him, keeping control and making the plays...he could be really dominant in a few years. He's a rookie and he's shoving aside guys with 30, 40 pounds and a decade experience on him. Love the hell out of this kid. Where's all the ZOMG we should've drafted Nichushkin!!!11!! crowd now?

--Bono's line less effective than games gone by, but LA is full of defensive beasts. Better luck next time.

--Vey/Matty/Dorsett easily the weakest line tonight. Obviously. GOD I miss Richardson and Kassian.

--Edler with his usual brain-dead giveaways again. Did play better overall than last game, but still determined to give the other team a fair chance to win it.

--Hamhuis turnstiled on LA goal, Tanev didn't tie up his man. Le sigh. Not a fan of them being the points on the 2nd unit PP, but as others have noticed it's not as if we have better options. Really missing those bombs from the point.

--Sbieksa must be stopped.

--Lack is God.

Our best PP dman is Weber.........gone are the days of Jovo/Salo/Ehrhoff :cry:

Word. Sad, really.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
That was the issue I had with the clendening pick up at the time. Not that I didn't like getting a player like him but I felt that we already had Weber so it seemed redundant. Ibwas worried that he would just steal weber's spot so I'm happy that don't happen, but it still makes me sad that we are going to let Weber walk after this year since we have to have clendening on the roster.

Weber has done everything the team has asked him to do and having a career year. I hope he gets a good contract and a good chance somewhere next season.

Yeah its a complete head scratcher.

People like to defend the move by mentioning the need for younger talent in our system. Thing is Yannick Weber is only 26 yrs old. Only 4 years older than Clendening.

Corrado/Tanev are also under 26 and give us longer term depth on the right side.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
You act as if that's bad
It's promising if anything, that Weber is showing such potential considering he's still relatively young (26, just about entering his prime)

That's not a bad thing?

Our best PP dman is a bottom pairing/depth dman.....that's pretty bad.

Toni Zamboni

Mar 13, 2015
Twitter@Toni_Zamboni
twitter.com
16443532933_1c48a0ddc5_o.gif

16876209750_fc2faf55fc_o.gif

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
That's not a bad thing?

Our best PP dman is a bottom pairing/depth dman.....that's pretty bad.

He's an offensive defenceman
I'd deem Edler as a two way dman, same with Hamhuis
Tanev is basically the epitome of a stay at home dman
Bieksa is...something
And Sbisa is never used

I really fail to see the problem
Especially when Weber is young and showing promise that he's getting better

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
if we make the playoffs and miller's handed the reigns after what lack's done for this team...i think vancouver might riot again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad