Post-Game Talk: Canucks to the west: "You're Welcome." 2-1 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Willie's roster decisions are truly mind boggling to say the least. I mean, seriously... 2nd line being fed like 1:30 of every 2m PP, allowing sbieksa to stay together (though they were better today finally), and still letting vey go out against kopitar and friends....

but for me, the final straw was taking Kenins off of the Horvat line and putting Dorsett in his place. like ****ing seriously, man. you stubborn mustache, stop it.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
So no news on richardson he came back was great in like 2 game if he come back will be set for playoffs

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
So no news on richardson he came back was great in like 2 game if he come back will be set for playoffs

Its frustrating i get the vey disappointment he is in over his head many nights in the nhl even with low minutes he has been getting, but this team really needs richardson to play through pain for playoffs if they want to win a round, he is good on faceoffs and brings that 3rd line grit factor the team needs. He said back in January if it was playoffs he would play, and were almost here.

Maybe as someone pointed out hes concerned with another setback and then being injured during free agency and that possibly hurting his chances to get signed this summer by other teams, i really dont know.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Interesting that Botch reported that the organization is getting annoyed with the Richardson thing. I always thought it was them keeping him out but is this whole thing being controlled by Richardson himself? Is this a personal issue?

SopelFan*

has dorsett not beem more than anyone expected? he brings it every night n he has mentored kassian and horvat. career best in points, fighting majors and leads us in sh goals. think the other guys respect him? tired of seein him trashed when vey and matthias accomplish nothing.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
Willie's roster decisions are truly mind boggling to say the least. I mean, seriously... 2nd line being fed like 1:30 of every 2m PP, allowing sbieksa to stay together (though they were better today finally), and still letting vey go out against kopitar and friends....

but for me, the final straw was taking Kenins off of the Horvat line and putting Dorsett in his place. like ****ing seriously, man. you stubborn mustache, stop it.

This made me laugh :laugh:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
has dorsett not beem more than anyone expected? he brings it every night n he has mentored kassian and horvat. career best in points, fighting majors and leads us in sh goals. think the other guys respect him? tired of seein him trashed when vey and matthias accomplish nothing.

Chalk me as one with you, I don't get the Dorset hate.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Interesting that Botch reported that the organization is getting annoyed with the Richardson thing. I always thought it was them keeping him out but is this whole thing being controlled by Richardson himself? Is this a personal issue?

I think the agent might have something to do with this. Maybe trying to milk the canucks for a contract extension if they want him to play. Santo's injury last year cost him a multi year deal.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC

Perhaps his agent is playing a role in his decision. Can't blame him though, I am sure he wants to play but to jeopardize his career at his age can't blame him of being overly cautious before returning to the ice.

He is a UFA at seasons end, hope he gets healthy because he is a decent bottom 6 centre/forward.

Lundface*

Chalk me as one with you, I don't get the Dorset hate.

It's because it's WD hate, not Dorsett hate.

There's no reason for him to be playing over Kenins the way that line was playing. There's no reason for him ever to be on the pp, never a reason for him to be on the last minute trying to score a goal and really no reason to use him in the last minute to defend a lead.

He's a 4th liner. If used in his role, he's fine.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I think most people are content with Dorsett himself. I know I am. It doesn't mean he deserves the ice time he's getting, though, and that's what people are annoyed about. He's basically the perfect 4th line RW. If Willie D would just keep him there everyone would be happy. Like, what possible reason did Willie have to take Kenins off the Horvat line and put Dorsett on? It's mind blowing. As much as it sounds like a conspiracy, there really is no explanation other than favouritism.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
I do really like Kenins, but at times he looks a little loss. Love his energy, though. But to be clear, Hansen/Horvat drive that line and Kenins has been around for the ride. Don't see Dorsett as a downgrade.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I think most people are content with Dorsett himself. I know I am. It doesn't mean he deserves the ice time he's getting, though, and that's what people are annoyed about. He's basically the perfect 4th line RW. If Willie D would just keep him there everyone would be happy. Like, what possible reason did Willie have to take Kenins off the Horvat line and put Dorsett on? It's mind blowing. As much as it sounds like a conspiracy, there really is no other explanation other than favouritism.

It's also the inconsistency. Like Horvat has been brilliant for several stretches but it never earns him any PP time or shifts with Vrbata or something. Dorsett has a few good shifts and the next thing you know he's bumping someone else spot off another line.

Again though, he issu e isn't with Dorsett but his junior coach.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I do really like Kenins, but at times he looks a little loss. Love his energy, though. But to be clear, Hansen/Horvat drive that line and Kenins has been around for the ride. Don't see Dorsett as a downgrade.

Kenins could do himself a favor by burying one of the chances Horvat and Hansen keep creating.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i'm a little surprised that it is Dorsett being put in Kenins place and not Matthias. I'm fine with Kenins and Vey sitting late though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad