Post-Game Talk: Canucks to the west: "You're Welcome." 2-1 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
It's also the inconsistency. Like Horvat has been brilliant for several stretches but it never earns him any PP time or shifts with Vrbata or something. Dorsett has a few good shifts and the next thing you know he's bumping someone else spot off another line.

Again though, he issu e isn't with Dorsett but his junior coach.

Yep, that too.

I guess we just have to see if all this "stupid coaching" in our eyes leads to some significant postseason success. What else can we do? It's Game 80 and none of these things have changed. They clearly won't be changing any time soon.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
what did that ********** say?

When asked about his thoughts on the matchup today, O'Neill said (and this is mostly a direct quote) "I think the Kings are going to come in and rip the Canucks' faces off and beat them to the ground. That's my prediction".

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
what did jeff o'neil say this morning?

also was it the same guy that asked that journalist the marry, F, kill question about our governor general, harpers wife and some other i forget

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Hopefully Kass comes back soon. Where would he play? I'm guessing Willie would do this

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Matthias-Vey-Kassian
Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen
Kenins/Baertschi

LuiLui

Feb 13, 2008
Vancouver
Honestly at the start of the season who would have thought Daniel Sedin would have more points than Stamkos, Giroux, Getzlaf, Toews or any of those guys. This guy looked like he was done..Man am I glad he's back

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
That was such an entertaining game. Looked like the entire team was dialled in and ready to play. Playoff vibe and we really hurt the Kings chances tonight. Sedins were brilliant tonight...can't really remember them in the defensive end of the ice all night.

I think after tonight you have to give Eddie the reins....Easy to justify a 'shake up' and switch to Miller in a playoff series if Lack is struggling.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Honestly at the start of the season who would have thought Daniel Sedin would have more points than Stamkos, Giroux, Getzlaf, Toews or any of those guys. This guy looked like he was done..Man am I glad he's back

It's even more surprising because his shooting percentage is so low, if he was shooting at his career average of 11.7 he'd be top 3 in scoring.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
It's even more surprising because his shooting percentage is so low, if he was shooting at his career average of 11.7 he'd be top 3 in scoring.

I notice he takes a half slapper more often now. He use to pick corners with his wrist shot. It makes you wonder if he has a bit of a lingering wrist ailment. These types of things are hard to know.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
People complaining about Hammer-Tanev being on the 2nd unit, do you remember what that unit was like before they were on there?

They could shoot more yes, especially Tanev but at least they can set up the PP and help keep sustained pressure which is nice.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

it more interesting they are the only 34 or older in the top 20 in scoring.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Our best PP dman is Weber.........gone are the days of Jovo/Salo/Ehrhoff :cry:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
People complaining about Hammer-Tanev being on the 2nd unit, do you remember what that unit was like before they were on there?

They could shoot more yes, especially Tanev but at least they can set up the PP and help keep sustained pressure which is nice.

Personally, I think the Canucks should go back to having 4 forwards on the 1st unit but with Weber as the lone D, not Edler. Put Edler and Bieksa on the 2nd unit.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Our best PP dman is Weber.........gone are the days of Jovo/Salo/Ehrhoff :cry:

You act as if that's bad
It's promising if anything, that Weber is showing such potential considering he's still relatively young (26, just about entering his prime)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, I would put Weber as the biggest surprise on the back-end all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad