Friedman: Canucks targeting a young dman?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Do you really think that Benning acquiring Vey was commentary on McKeown? Were that exceedingly unlikely scenario even true, is McKeown bound by his 18 year old draft profile?

I thought it was clear I was intentionally going overkill. Upon rereading my comment...yeah I could see that being said at face value. I did not mean it as such, that was supposed to be overkill, I do not believe that even in the slightest.

Reactions: ginner classic

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I don’t want JB making any more trades. He’s bad for adding picks.
I don’t disagree. TBH, I consider any off season moves to be under a new GM as I myself would fire Dim Jim, Daft John and Baumer/Brown instantly after finishing the last game of the year. I wouldn’t wait, the moment the boys are down their fan salute, I’d tell these guys to pack their shit and get the f*** outta dodge. Green is a high possibility as well, though I’d be willing to look at what he can do with experienced assistants behind him. If Crow doesn’t stay in ottawa or if we can bring in a guy like Boucher to do special teams.

Reactions: Luckylarry

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I want Pesce

Here is my offer...………..

2020 1st (unconditional) + Baertschi + Juolevi + DiPietro

for

Pesce + 2019 1st

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Yikes..yeah Canucks will pass :laugh:

Let's see what the rest of the world says...…….

Pesce is like +33...….22Min...…...30+ point per Dman.....on a real good contract 4M per contract
I don't think you get him cheap

What do you think ….rest of the world? (Outside Vancouver)

Are we over paying?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Let's see what the rest of the world says...…….

Pesce is like +33...….22Min...…...30+ point per Dman.....on a real good contract 4M per contract
I don't think you get him cheap

What do you think ….rest of the world? (Outside Vancouver)

Are we over paying?

CAR views Pesce highly, not being moved easily.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What’s happened with Andersson?? Did he not get enough offensive minutes? Did he play wing or center? If he’s available, I’d love to get him for Pettersson’s LW.

Andersson started the season like Draisatil did for EDM his rookie season. Did not have all the skating down pat, looked bad. Got sent down, worked it out.
With enough games in the A and improved technique, his skating is now fine.

Meanwhile, back in NY, Rangers played/showcased guys which took all the minutes oxygen out of the room.

I would say it is certainly not in the bag, but if Hayes likes it in NY, and would do us a favor at 5 years for 6.2-6.6 [even if he gets more on the market] -- and in return builds up good will for post career gig -- I see that as very possible.

We have Kravtsov coming over, and it remains to be seen, but I suspect he is the real deal.

There is of course, Zib, but let's say he either switches to 1RW or we take a godfather offer for him.

That still leaves Chytil + Nieves as keepers, pivots in their natural position, and Howden as C possible W.

Further in the mix are expiring Namest. and Strome, the latter says he prefers vision in pivot but has accepted RW role, and is a righty shot.

So yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to repurpose Andy, but remember this is guy who was 7OA, and taken there b'c he was considered a safe bet. I'm not saying I gotta get 7OA or better for him, but we won't take a loss to move him. If nec, we will move Namest. + Strome to generate mins, and then when his value is up, decide if we move him.

Remember, as is usually the case, the winner with the successful bid normally has top offer on table, either quantity paid or preferred type of currency, assuming a deal is not made for other strategic considerations [cap relief, etc.].
Point of that here is a package deal with Buffalo is easy to see.

So he can be had, and I would consider adding from NY side to make it worth your while, but I want a high end return.

I think they are going to target young Brent seabrook. He is in his early 30s but plays young.
Seabs has arguably worst contract in the league.
Pass unless the bribe surrendered is worth your while.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would give up Kylington, Ruzicka and a 3rd for Markstrom. Might be an over pay, but I like him as a goalie.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I want Pesce

Here is my offer...………..

2020 1st (unconditional) + Baertschi + Juolevi + DiPietro

for

Pesce + 2019 1st

I don't think Carolina would entertain that at all.

1) Canes have zero need for Juolevi so he doesn't hold much value for them. Slavin, de Hann, Fleury and Bean on the LHD side already. Juolevi certainly wouldn't beat out Slavin or CDH, and I'm not sure he'd beat out either of Fleury or Bean either.
2) Goalies are voodoo and don't hold a lot of value in trades. Not sure DiPietro is any better than what Carolina already has in the system.
3) Baertschi is a bottom six guy that can't stay healthy. Not to mention he's a LH shooting LW, which is the least area of need.

So this ends up being a swap of 1st round picks (one a mystery pick next year) and the Canes adding Pesce for a bunch of lesser pieces that either aren't proven or they don't need.

IMO, if the Canes are going to move Pesce, it's going to be for a proven top 6 forward that is similar age and/or under team's control for a similar time frame. If you don't have that to offer, then I don't think the Canes would be interested.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I would give up Kylington, Ruzicka and a 3rd for Markstrom. Might be an over pay, but I like him as a goalie.

Definitely the kind of deal the Canucks should make.

So they won't. There is 0% chance they'll trade Markstrom.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Dante Fabbro signed in nashville. So all the Canucks fans who had pencilled him into their future lineups can now go shed a tear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad