Friedman: Canucks targeting a young dman?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
5. I think Vancouver is going to look at finding a youngish defenceman, maybe somebody in his early to mid-20s. Troy Stecher’s in that range, and he’s made real good strides. Quinn Hughes is younger, Alexander Edler and Chris Tanev older. Think Brandon Montour, if not him specifically. Those players tend not to be inexpensive as trade pieces.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Wow real hot take here, I don’t think anyone would’ve been able to guess that one.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Haydn Fleury might be an option. If Canes think any of Bean (not a given), McKeown (probably ready but RHD) or Fox (if he signs) are ready, it may make Fleury expendable and probably won't cost an arm and a leg.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby and BHD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba is likely traded this summer, albeit I suspect it will be to a eastern based US team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That + this:

=

Cody Ceci (4.3 RFA) + Craig Anderson (4.7 1yr remaining)
for
Spooner (3.1 1yr remaining) + ????

Markstrom is under contract for next season so what is the point of getting Anderson. Demko will be on the roster next season.

Benning has tried multiple times to get a younger Dman and he’s failed miserably.

Clendenning, Sbisca, Gudbranson, Pouliot. His evaluation process of pro players is terrible.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Markstrom is under contract for next season so what is the point of getting Anderson. Demko will be on the roster next season.

Benning has tried multiple times to get a younger Dman and he’s failed miserably.

Clendenning, Sbisca, Gudbranson, Pouliot. His evaluation process of pro players is terrible.

For some reason I thought Markstroms contract was expiring, that's my bad.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Good question. Is there another huge piece of **** with a beard and zero hockey IQ out there?

We could trade you Bortuzzo but I think his hockey IQ might be slightly better than zero...

(for the record, I actually like Bortuzzo)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad