Friedman: Canucks targeting a young dman?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Nope. Boston fans don’t seem to be willing to give up what it would take to get Virtanen.

I would consider it. Can he play on the right side?

Nope.

Canucks are not going to pay the price it will take to get Pesce.

Please go talk to the Leafs fans.

Sekera played the Right side in LA . He has played some in Edmonton but he is better on the left side . If we say he a 10 on the left side he probably a 7 on the right side

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If Canucks somehow win the lottery, I'd entertain trading Horvat for a dman.
Would be interested in Werenski, Trouba (signed), Slavin, Parayko, Dumba... etc. 1 for 1, if there are any takers.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Would be interested in Werenski, Trouba (signed), Slavin, Parayko, Dumba... etc. 1 for 1, if there are any takers.

Horvat might get you Pesce. Slavin would cost more. Top-pair RHD vs. #1D LHD.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Blues are not interested in trading parayko.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Sekera played the Right side in LA . He has played some in Edmonton but he is better on the left side . If we say he a 10 on the left side he probably a 7 on the right side
Am not a fan of Sekera in any way. His contract is awful and doesn’t he have a NTC anyways?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Am not a fan of Sekera in any way. His contract is awful and doesn’t he have a NTC anyways?

Yes he has a NTC but both his and Russell becomes limited NTC this summer . Sutter contract isn't any better so it doesn't matter to me one way or another . Just thought it fills a need for both teams

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Yes he has a NTC but both his and Russell becomes limited NTC this summer . Sutter contract isn't any better so it doesn't matter to me one way or another . Just thought it fills a need for both teams
Sekera is an injury prone LHD who is way overpaid. People in Canucks nation hate on Edler who has been a better defenceman for each other their careers and is injured slightly less but produces more.
I could see the pitchforks out quickly on Sekera. Suckser is terrible, but he’s still able to be hidden further down the lineup

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Just once I want one of these headline to read "Canucks (or whatever team) targeting old, overpaid D-man"

I mean what team isn't targeting young players.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I would do it for Trouba if he wouldn't sign with the Jets.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Literally zero chance Horvat gets traded IMO. He's the heart and soul of the team. Everything runs through him. He's the Captain of this new core and will have the C to show it next year.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I don’ think we can afford to give up the pieces to get an established top 4 RD. We instead keep Tanev/Stecher/Biega/Schenn and pick up someone with potential to play on the third pair and move up when Tanev gets injured.

I would like to hear more about Pionk and McKeown. Goldobin is the obvious candidate from our side. He has the skill to be a top 6 and has generally looked like it. However, he too often fails to score on chances he helped create, and his consistency and effort have been questioned by the coach (somewhat unfairly IMO). If he could just bury his chances he’d for sure be top6

Edit: after reading the extensive thread on the NYR forum Pionk seems like he has been ok but made some mistakes and has been playing way more than he should. Analytics are not good but def a candidate to do better in a new place with a more appropriate role - similar to Goldobin.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad