Post-Game Talk: Canucks spoil Kraken’s Party - 4-2 (Horvat x2, Garland, Dowling)

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Hughes is going to demand a trade, so he won’t be here long term either. Podz is going to return to Russia, and Hoglander is going to quit the game all together, so he can spread the word of the our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. We’re f***ed.
Whats your idea for paying all these players?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hughes is going to demand a trade, so he won’t be here long term either. Podz is going to return to Russia, and Hoglander is going to quit the game all together, so he can spread the word of the our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. We’re f***ed.
Hyperbole aside, do you disagree with my post? It's just reality.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yes I disagree with you post. Boeser is not ufa nor is Pettersson at the end of their contracts. Even if for some reason they want out, they are still valuable assets.
That's not what I was implying at all lol, not sure where you got that impression from

I meant that fitting all those players under the cap long-term is going to be extremely difficult

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
That's not what I was implying at all lol, not sure where you got that impression from

I meant that fitting all those players under the cap long-term is going to be extremely difficult
It will be, but that means that the team has an abundance of talent. Most will still be here. Maybe Podkolzin is an upgrade on whoever leaves. Or Hoglander replaces somebody. Filling out the cap with quality players is not a bad problem to have. Garland is looking like a bargain so far, and he signed for the next 5 years. Hughes is looking like he could be a bargain too. We should be able to fit lots of quality players inside the cap. The same cap that the rest of the league deals with.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It will be, but that means that the team has an abundance of talent. Most will still be here. Maybe Podkolzin is an upgrade on whoever leaves. Or Hoglander replaces somebody. Filling out the cap with quality players is not a bad problem to have. Garland is looking like a bargain so far, and he signed for the next 5 years. Hughes is looking like he could be a bargain too. We should be able to fit lots of quality players inside the cap. The same cap that the rest of the league deals with.
My main point was that the team is in it's best position to win while they have all these guys under contract and on the team, you replied with nonsense. Looks like you agree then.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Thought my answer was quite clear. Nice talking to you. Have a good day.
I mean you said you disagreed and then in the next post you agreed with me saying that it'll be tough to retain all of those core players. You saying that being up against the cap means there's an abundance of talent only further proves my point that this team's time to make some noise is now while you have all this abundance of talent on your roster.

Thanks and have a good day as well

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
The team should be fired up playing in front of the home crowd for the first time in a year and a half.

Everytime I think they will play well though, they lose, so I’ll say 6-4 Wild, with 3 points from Hoglander. If he plays with Pettersson for the whole game, I think Hogs will get a shot at the Michigan. He’s gonna want to put on a show for his first home game.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not several home openers? Give them a courage medal.

This home openers excuse thing is hilariously pathetic.

Canucks picked up 4 of 6 points in other teams home openers. 2 of 6 in the non home openers.
You get that the home opener is a night where the home team plays with more adrenaline than a regular game, right?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You get that the home opener is a night where the home team plays with more adrenaline than a regular game, right?
You get that they performed better in opposition home openers than they did in non home openers?

Who cares.

I don’t believe a home opener necessarily makes an advantage but I do believe the fans are into it early.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
You get that they performed better in opposition home openers than they did in non home openers?

Who cares.

I don’t believe a home opener necessarily makes an advantage but I do believe the fans are into it early.
How big is the Home vs Away advantage in the NHL anyways?

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
It's going to be different for every team, but in the 2018 and 19 seasons there was about 4 road points for every 5 home points.
I see thank you. And this is like good or just avg? If avg i assume to be a solid playoff team you want to get it close to 5 Apoints for 5 Hpoints?

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I see thank you. And this is like good or just avg? If avg i assume to be a solid playoff team you want to get it close to 5 Apoints for 5 Hpoints?

That was just the sum of home points vs away points for every team.

If you devidee every teams home points by the away points the average is 1.16 which is which is about 5/4.3. The lowest was 0.98 and the highest was 1.47 which is 3.4 road points for for every 5 home points.

Being high in this doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad team. Arizona was close to 1 while Boston was 1.26. This shows the ratio to how teams do at home vs the road. Some teams with high numbers are just really dominant home teams. While some are really awful road teams. While some closer to 1 very good at home and the road. While others closer to 1 are just equally bad everywhere.

Also keep in mind this is over 2 years. I don't know how much this will vary on a year to year basis.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad