Post-Game Talk: Canucks spoil Kraken’s Party - 4-2 (Horvat x2, Garland, Dowling)

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
This was the opposite of the Detroit game. One game we deserved to win, one game we deserved to lose.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Real talk - second period and large parts of the third were really, really awful. It’s not even just effort, it was a lot of unforced errors. The team needs to smarten up a ton. Pettersson is struggling mightily after missing so much hockey, but a few other guys don’t have the same excuse for their brainless plays with the puck resulting in turnover after turnover.

Fortunately Thatcher Demko was on point, and Conor Garland came to play. Horvat had a couple of timely goals, but I don’t think any skater was better than Garland tonight.

All in all - just glad not to hand the Kraken their first home win and have us be the answer to a f***ing trivia question forever.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
How can Green justify Podz in press box while EP had a 3 giveaway shift in 3rd?

Reactions: David71

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Real talk - second period and large parts of the third were really, really awful. It’s not even just effort, it was a lot of unforced errors. The team needs to smarten up a ton. Pettersson is struggling mightily after missing so much hockey, but a few other guys don’t have the same excuse for their brainless plays with the puck resulting in turnover after turnover.

Fortunately Thatcher Demko was on point, and Conor Garland came to play. Horvat had a couple of timely goals, but I don’t think any skater was better than Garland tonight.

All in all - just glad not to hand the Kraken their first home win and have us be the answer to a f***ing trivia question forever.
It was largely chaos. Chaos with a positive result is fine with me for the time being. It’ll get a bit easier with more home games coming.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Demko was amazing, 2nd line was good'ish and Hughes wasn't totally horrendous.

Nucks lucky Seattle didn't bury 3 easy chances early on and Grubauer was pretty meh.

I have to say, the Canucks got lucky based on how crappy Grubauer played today. He should have stopped the first and the third goal, but I ain’t complaining.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Loved:
Garland, Hogs, Demko

Liked:
Dickinson, Pearson, OEL pair, Hughes, Highmore

Average or below average: Lammikko, Horvat, Miller, Burroughs, Dowling, Rathbone, Boeser, etc, anyone else not in the other columns

Shit:
Pettersson, Chiasson

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Demko, Garland, Hoglander, Horvat, OEL, and Hughes
giphy.gif

Pretty much everyone else
gordon-ramsay-get-out.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad