Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Ty Mueller (C) to 3-Year ELC

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I guess one positive is that he's a natural center, and you can never have enough organizational depth at that position.

But looking at his stats on Hockey DB, it's hard not to be underwhelmed. In two seasons in the AJHL he never even broke the 10-goal mark, although it appears he was hurt for most of his second season. Frankly it's a little baffling that he was even able to earn an NCAA hockey scholarship.

But his numbers improved every year with the U of Nebraska-Omaha.....although not once did he break through the 30-point plateau. I guess you have to hope for is that the Canuck scouts were encouraged enough with his progress to offer him an ELC for a reason.
Each level gets harder and harder to score. So, pretty much likely a 4th line C given the lack of offensive output that he's shown so far in his career.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Anyone know anything about Mueller other than his stats? In particular, did he skip a grade to get into university as an 18 year old? I have a strong feeling the Canucks have info on this guy that puts his numbers in a much better light than a casual perusal of HockeyDB.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Each level gets harder and harder to score. So, pretty much likely a 4th line C given the lack of offensive output that he's shown so far in his career.

Agreed. I suppose there are exceptions. Brandon Tanev would be one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad