Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Ty Mueller (C) to 3-Year ELC

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Outscored by an undrafted dman teammate with the same birthyear despite getting PP1 time(I'm assuming based on his stat line) so I'm hoping Mueller has some defensive play/physicality that makes him a worthy prospect.

Reactions: Indiana

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Sasson might be able to carve out a bottom 6 center role....but C is a bit of an organizational problem it would seem. Don't know much about Mueller, at all, but he doesn't seem to have the numbers to indicate a top 6 player, but will be curious if his motor will be enough to advance his game at the pro level.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
he's like the only true center guy we literally have in the system we need center depth
also he's not a ppg guy so he's already a dud to me /s

Sasson profiles as a centre. Him and Mueller occupy the same spot as NCAA centers that get buy on hard work, intelligence, and good enough skating to profile as 4th line centres. Sasson is two years older, more offensive acumen, and size, however.

He’s almost more of a winger at this point. Doesn’t have the extra gear at the AHL level to be a full time center and that doesn’t bode well moving up. Has NHL traits and profiles as a good low-event even-strength player that will get most his points on the 2nd unit PP. He’ll probably do that at wing in the NHL, though.

Reactions: Zarpan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess you have to trust the Canucks amateur scouts on this one. He was a late draft as a 20-year old last year....So I guess they've seen some major improvement since his first draft-eligible year as an 18-year old playing in the AJHL.

Hockey DB lists him at 5'11, 195, so he's a stocky center......but as a 4th round pick (105th overall), about all you can probably hope for is that he becomes a useful guy in Abbotsford.

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sounds more like soccer name tbh
Sounds more like soccer name tbh
The only other 'Mueller' I can remember was 'Peter', who was an eighth overall pick by the Phoenix Coyotes in 2006 after a WHL career in Everett. He lasted three years in the Desert and then was picked up by the Avalanche for two more years; and finished his NHL career in Florida.

He's now 35, but has carved out quite a career in Europe in Switzerland, Austria and six seasons in the Czech Extra-League. And played last year in Denmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad