Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RW Loui Eriksson to 6-year, $36m deal ($6m AAV w/ NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Definitely the best out of the worst signings. Two-way player, 6 years instead of 7. We do need veteran forwards in our Top6 even after the Sedin era.

Now just don't do anything stupid after this.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Would have preferred just under 6, but I like it, cerebral player should be good for at least 4 of those 6 years.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
it's a bad contract, but at least we didn't give the bad contract to a bad guy

EA Sports GM

Apr 2, 2013
Vancouver
So conflicted.... I love Loui, but there's the concern with injuries. At least LTIR exists.

I think 4 years down the line, $6m won't even be that much, and we can always buy him out or trade him to a cap floor team at that point. Not concerned with the contract, just with whether or not the Canucks are actually going to rebuild at some point.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am completely fine with this. Nice grab

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Problem is

1. Term
2. Canucks are not contending.

But owners/management want playoffs.

Ladd, Nielsen are like straight up crazy.

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009
Don't like the contract, but definitely the lesser of all evils.

This signing won't look good in 4 years, but none of these contracts will.

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Glad we got him. AAV is just right, term is a couple years longer than we'd like, but **** it. Sedins finally get their linemate. This season will be fun to watch them.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I stand by what I said. This contract is going to suck after 2 or 3 years. The likelihood of a player like him keeping up his play for that long isn't very good.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
****! This really sucks. Bad contract. I can't believe (well actually I can) these idiots are going to pay Eriksson until he's 36. Stupid stupid stupid!!

I agree the term is bad but given what they are trying to do he's the best signing to be had I think. I trust this a lot more than similar term and money to Backes or Ladd or Lucic. I fully believe it will be an albatross contract at some point but for my money I think Lucic would have been an albatross as early as year 1.

My personal preference would be to not add to the cap for long term and actually rebuild. However, that ship sailed when the Aquilini's bought the team and this management group took the jobs they did under the mandate they did. That is stupid but I don't think this signing is.

Last edited:

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
I keep forgetting Eriksson is only 30. these days. 6 years is livable since he can score and can help the team with scoring and just generally as a good guy (from what I hear)

Plus this lets sedins and Eriksson insulate our kids and let them grow without having to worry about being first line players right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad