Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RW Loui Eriksson to 6-year, $36m deal ($6m AAV w/ NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissonance

Feb 27, 2002
Cabbage Patch
Visit site
Happy that the Sedins will have a good scoring winger for the next 2 years. Should help them bump up their point totals and smooth their path to the HHOF.

Unhappy with just about everything else here. He's a good player, but this is not what the team needed at all. We're still going to be a mediocre team these next 2 years even with Eriksson on our roster. And then he's going to be declining sharply — and those last 3-4 years of his contract could get ugly — right around the time this team is finally turning a corner.

So... bad signing, but he's likable enough and he's not Lucic. Uh, welcome to Vancouver?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
As I said in the FA thread, Eriksson is a good player and should be a good player for a couple years here. But this is a dumb move from every other perspective unless they magically got the AAV down around $5 million.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The organization has laid out the direction and it has been the same since Gillis was removed. Playoffs while supposedly trying to rebuild the youth. As such they will be judged on executing that mandate. With the bleeding or value we can quibble if they are actually rebuilding that youth effectively or as effectively as they could have but this isn't the thread for that.

However, for the goals they have I think this is a good player to sign. He'll flirt with 30G and 30A with the twins and likely be worth the yearly money. The 6 year term is scary given he will likely start to slow down in 3-4 years. However, this is a safer signing than Lucic or Backes and would have been my first choice to begin with.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
I'm guessing 5.5 to give him a bit over a million raise from his last contact for that length

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
I don't mind it. We just need to figure out how the rest of the NHL gets to of bad contracts so easily when they no longer suit them.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Much better than Lucic. This guy actually will be a good teammate and play at both ends of the ice.

Would have preferred nothing, but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad