Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RW Loui Eriksson to 6-year, $36m deal ($6m AAV w/ NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
If Horvat hits 60 points and Eriksson gits 30 goals, Canucks are in the playoffs.

Eriksson hiting 30 isn't unreasonable. He's never had good playermakers ever. As good as Krecji/Bergeron, they are not on the same level as Henrik in terms of playmaking ability. Neither have ever hit PPG numbers in the NHL.

Eriksson also has the benefit of Daniel who has turned into a more passive shooter that last few years, so Eriksson being the lone trigger man is going to get a bunch of freebies.

I do agree Horvat hitting 60 points is a very agressive prediction, hence why we'd easily be a playoff team if he does. That said, even getting 50 points from him would be considered a successful season.

Krejci is a tremendous playmaker but is generally injured every year,2 hip surgeries affecting approx 3 seasons worth of games and various other injuries.Loui spent his earlier career playing with Brad Richards,Mike Ribeiro and Jamie Benn,no slouches. If this were the Sedins of 5 years ago,I'd pencil Loui in for 40 goals,but these Sedins are 35 and past peak, so if all things go well,Loui should net 30.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Loui spent his earlier career playing with Brad Richards,Mike Ribeiro and Jamie Benn,no slouches. If this were the Sedins of 5 years ago,I'd pencil Loui in for 40 goals,but these Sedins are 35 and past peak, so if all things go well,Loui should net 30.

Loui also happened to be a 70+ point player playing or a 36 goal scorer early in his career playing with Richards, Riberio, and or Benn.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loui also happened to be a 70+ point player playing or a 36 goal scorer early in his career playing with Richards, Riberio, and or Benn.

Yes he was,playing most of his minutes that year with Richards and then Ribeiro,but Benn wasn't in the league yet.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
If Horvat hits 60 points and Eriksson gits 30 goals, Canucks are in the playoffs.

Eriksson hiting 30 isn't unreasonable. He's never had good playermakers ever. As good as Krecji/Bergeron, they are not on the same level as Henrik in terms of playmaking ability. Neither have ever hit PPG numbers in the NHL.

Eriksson also has the benefit of Daniel who has turned into a more passive shooter that last few years, so Eriksson being the lone trigger man is going to get a bunch of freebies.

I do agree Horvat hitting 60 points is a very agressive prediction, hence why we'd easily be a playoff team if he does. That said, even getting 50 points from him would be considered a successful season.

If Horvat gets 60 points it likely means that Henrik has been injured for a good portion of the season.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I know that everyone likes to pencil in Eriksson with the Sedins, and they'll probably be palying together on the power play, but if the Canucks sign Hudler, then you could have a really nice second line if you break up Sven and Horvat
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Hudler Horvat Eriksson.

Both those lines can burn you...especially if Horvat takes another step offensively

another option if you want depth is like this
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Hudler Sutter Eriksson
Sven.B Horvat Virtanen

Here you have a good top 6 and a youth line...that keeps the horvat/sven chemestry together.

so many options with Eriksson!! I hope Hudler signs

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I know that everyone likes to pencil in Eriksson with the Sedins, and they'll probably be palying together on the power play, but if the Canucks sign Hudler, then you could have a really nice second line if you break up Sven and Horvat
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Hudler Horvat Eriksson.

Both those lines can burn you...especially if Horvat takes another step offensively

another option if you want depth is like this
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Hudler Sutter Eriksson
Sven.B Horvat Virtanen

Here you have a good top 6 and a youth line...that keeps the horvat/sven chemestry together.

so many options with Eriksson!! I hope Hudler signs

Eriksson belongs with a number 1 center like he was with Richards,Ribeiro and finally,Krejci. His talents are # 1 caliber and for the sake of balance I wouldn't cheat. The Bruins screwed this up in his second year for the sake of balance.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yes he was,playing most of his minutes that year with Richards and then Ribeiro,but Benn wasn't in the league yet.

? I am so confused. You said "Loui spent his earlier career playing with Brad Richards,Mike Ribeiro and Jamie Benn." Now you say Bennin wasn't in the league yet?

Loui had 3 straight 70+ point seasons with Dallas. Benn was in his rookie year when Loui first put up 70+ points. He was in the league.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
? I am so confused. You said "Loui spent his earlier career playing with Brad Richards,Mike Ribeiro and Jamie Benn." Now you say Bennin wasn't in the league yet?

Loui had 3 straight 70+ point seasons with Dallas. Benn was in his rookie year when Loui first put up 70+ points. He was in the league.

I thought you were saying that Benn was there when he scored 36. Loui played the majority of his minutes in 09-10 with Richards and Neal,10-11-Richards and Neal,11-12-Ryder-Ribeiro-Benn.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Bumping this as it's the relevant place to post.

What a terrible signing. I haven't watched much but from what I have seen, the guy has no speed or chemistry with anyone and it's really hard to see where he fits in now let alone over the next 6 years.

Thought they may get a couple years out of him before it turned disastrous. Apparently I thought wrong

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I actually don't think Eriksson has been *that* bad given his linemates of late. If he was playing with Horvat and Baertschi (or the Sedins) like he probably should be, I think there'd be a lot less complaining about him.

That being said, he's pretty clearly not even close to being the kind of player worth $6M/season, which is disappointing given most of us assumed he'd be worth it for the first couple of years. I think it was generally accepted here that this contract would get ugly in the back half of the deal, but at this rate it might be even worse than we anticipated.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, his deployment has been abysmal, which is why I'm not complaining much. Granted, ideally a guy you're paying so much wouldn't depend on his linemates, like at all... but that's on management for assembling this team and Willie & Co for utilizing him this way...

And for Pete's sake, get him on the first unit PP to troll around for loose pucks!!! :laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gotta be competing for worst contracts CURRENTLY in the league

What a joke

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This 31 year old $6M player has 6 goals and 11 points in 29 games this season. He's clearly not worth his contract. He's played with the Sedins quite a bit this year, has received a lot of PP time, and even when he's not with the Sedins you would expect him to be able to carry his line if he's going to be worth that contract. I said on day 1 that this would be a bad contract, but I didn't think he would be this awful this quickly.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Still lots of time left in this season, but if the rest carries on like this I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksson is more effective in year 2 and 3 of his contract than he was in year 1.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I still think willie is stifling Eriksson with his deployment.

That being said, bad contract, bad timing, our team at this stage did not need to go all in on a 31 year old winger.

I was coming into this season thinking we'd like this contract for three years than lament it for the last three years, it seems like the honeymoon period was over quicker than i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad