Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Filip Johansson to ELC

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Wild elected not to sign him due to taking "no positive steps forward in his development."

Why not right? Our defensive group is just so bad, with no defensemen coming up the piepline. We have barely any assets to acquire D guys and are pretty much capped out from addressing the issue.

We are at the stage where we need to throw darts with the hopes of finding any help on the backend.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
one of the weirdest draft picks in nhl history

That was all Brent Flahr - who is once again Chuck Fletcher's AGM in Philly. Just a totally clueless egg looking idiot.

He was projected to go in the 4th or later. How does this even happen?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He took it another level in the SHL playoffs when he had 7 points in 9 games.

22 years old, former first rounder, you take these opportunities every time.
He was rated in round 2 in 2018. Don’t think there was a scouting service that had him going in round 1.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Sadly he probably leaps right into our top-10 prospect rankings.

Much needed D+2/D+3 prospect depth for the organization. They have been backfilling decently with B-prospect types in Aman, Bains, and now Johansson. Would be really killer to add a higher upside UFA prospect but I'm not sure what's really on the market right now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just had a very nice playoff in the SHL. Guessing he's another guy who will either play with the pro club or stay in Sweden - I'm guessing Larsson and Aman will likely exercise those same clauses.

At any rate, nice to see Allvin had some talent into the pipeline. Milk that Swedish connection for all it's worth!

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Very impressed with Allvin addressing our lack of
Depth something that Benning didn’t do the last two years and simply went into win now mode and neglected the future , whereas Alvin is going to work .

Very excited about the next few weeks

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Just had a very nice playoff in the SHL. Guessing he's another guy who will either play with the pro club or stay in Sweden - I'm guessing Larsson and Aman will likely exercise those same clauses.

At any rate, nice to see Allvin had some talent into the pipeline. Milk that Swedish connection for all it's worth!
You're probably right about the bolded, but it does seem a bit odd to me that they would think that way. They could get a place near Abbotsford and be available for NHL call-ups if they come. It's not like they'd be living in what to them would be Nowhereseville with no chance of attention from the big club. A couple of injuries at the NHL level and they could be looking at long runs, such is the poor depth at the moment.

Note that I said "what to them would be Nowheresville"; I of course mean no slight to any residents of any fine current or former AHL cities.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Again, like always, I know nothing about prospects that don’t play in Abbotsford (and even then, barely).

Just wanting to touch on one thing. The wild didn’t strictly choose NOT to sign him because he was that bad.. it’s that they were compensated a 2nd with him being unsigned, so that’s really what your comparison is to. They basically got a 2nd for a blown pick who stalled, but maybe they would have retained him had there not been the loophole to be compensated a 2nd.

Hope he’s good.

We’ve instantly signed two random prospects and they are apparently our best C and RHD prospects. Holy shit, what a mess of a situation to come into.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Snippet from Scott Wheeler (Athletic prospect guy):

"He moves the puck well and he’s a good skater. His game doesn’t pop and he can struggle under pressure at times but he might have a third-pairing future, he’s going to be a good depth piece for the AHL club at minimum, he has made notable progress on a good team, and he’s a righty with good size"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad