Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Nils Åman

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Oh man its Åman

Discuss

Drafted 6th Round #167 overall in 2020 by Colorado and went unsigned, played for Leksands IF in SHL this season

Reactions: mathonwy and Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not familiar with this player at all.

Wish I'd watched more of the World Championships now because Aman made that team (playing ahead of Linus Karlsson) and appeared in every game.

SHL production is really underwhelming for his age so I'm assuming he's hella fast/good defensively to have been the only SHL player under age 25 playing on Team Sweden?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Wish I'd watched more of the World Championships now because Aman made that team (playing ahead of Linus Karlsson) and appeared in every game.

SHL production is really underwhelming for his age so I'm assuming he's hella fast/good defensively to have been the only SHL player under age 25 playing on Team Sweden?
Also was teammates with Lian Bichsel this year, if that's any indication of where we might be looking

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

He was extremly good in Worlds. Always bust his ass off, gritty, smart, great defensivly. Better hands than one might think. Should play more physical, which i think he will when he adds some weight. Bottom 6 player.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
This could be a good first test for the development team. At least if he does indeed have a good head on his shoulders.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He was extremly good in Worlds. Always bust his ass off, gritty, smart, great defensivly. Better hands than one might think. Should play more physical, which i think he will when he adds some weight. Bottom 6 player.

Did he play mostly centre or wing?

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
how does he compare to someone like Sammy Pahlsson?

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
If he can take regular shifts in Abbotsford as a centre, that's already a win considering the state of the Canucks development pipeline.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Always need cheap young guys in the bottom 6. No more spending big for that bottom unit outside of a good checking Centre in the 3C hole like a malhottra back in the day.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Why not? whats to lose? its not like we have any C prospects we need to give playing time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
At least this kid is really a 'no risk' UFA signing.....during the Benning era, this is an example of another team's failed prospect (Colorado) that would have seen the Canucks coughing up a draft pick.

Probably bound for Abbotsford, but the more players you have on ELC's the better.

Reactions: mossey3535

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
tbh was a bit surprised that Avs let him go.

They drafted him 2 years ago and he has developed as you'd hope he would, followed by a good showing at Worlds.

Big, hardworking, speedy, two-way center with limited offense. Could put on some additional weight.

He's still just 22 but right now I see him as a potential rock solid 4C who can turn into a 3C. Reminds me a little of a taller Pierre-Edouard Bellemare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad