Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jason Dickinson to 3-Year, $7.95M Deal ($2.65M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Meh. Not what I was hoping for, but about what I expected, although honestly the difference of about $500k isn't a backbreaker.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
As I posted on the Main Board Thread, I like the Player and what he brings to our Team. I think this is a fair AAV & an easy term to handle.

It’s so unfortunate that each transaction this Team makes becomes a point of discussion regarding Management, rather than the player, but I understand why.

I, for one like this Deal, even if I’m not a fan of our GM. Call it my Canucks Coping Mechanism. I love this Team much like everyone else here does. I had to find a way to compartmentalize my fandom from the Management, if that makes sense to anyone?

Now, let’s find a way to sign Petey and Quinn:

D091DE8F-B682-44CC-8223-F05A9AE6511C.gif

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
As I posted on the Main Board Thread, I like the Player and what he brings to our Team. I think this is a fair AAV & an easy term to handle.

It’s so unfortunate that each transaction this Team makes becomes a point of discussion regarding Management, rather than the player, but I understand why.

I, for one like this Deal, even if I’m not a fan of our GM. Call it my Canucks Coping Mechanism. I love this Team much like everyone else here does. I had to find a way to compartmentalize my fandom from the Management, if that makes sense to anyone?

Now, let’s find a way to sign Petey and Quinn:

View attachment 461155

Agreed. I think he'll play up to this contract quite well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My guess was 3x2.5, so this is close.

My preference would have been signing him for one year to see how he fits before giving him term.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Don't mind the deal considering the money Jimbo's splashed out for worse players. Maybe a touch on the high side, but not bad. Is there no trade protection, or have the complete terms not been reported yet?

:laugh:

Competent managers work out budgeting in advance. Not that you'd know that, obviously.

Complete terms have not been reported, to my knowledge.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
If he turns out to be a real deal 3C then I don't mind it. If he turns out to be a 3rd line winger or 4C then it's slightly too much. This deal doesn't bother me from what Stars fans think of Dickinson though. I'll wait to pass real judgement until I see how he plays, but as of right now I don't think it's a bad deal. The 3C and 4C will only be making ~$3.75m, which is a huge improvement on what the team used to pay for those positions.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
On the high side for me but the 3rd and lack of trade protection makes it better, acceptable even.

If he doesn't outplay this contract then the team must be really in the dumpster.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
I factored that in. Went with a 23 man roster and took two of the $750K guys off.
I think Capfriendly is not updated yet. It's doesn't show Brisebois's contract, nor Dickinson's. With my calculation there will be 15.5 to 16 m left to sign Petey & Hughes.

Reactions: iceburg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Keep in mind on the cap space that you don’t really want to go into the season capped out. You need room for call ups for non-long term injuries and of course a hope to add if the situation warrants it.

On the deal. It’s OK. It’s at the very upper end of what I would like to see. Not sure that’s a good thing if instead of a good 3C center they get an offense killing winger.

Reactions: Javaman

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Great signing, good term and price. I'm very optimistic and looking forward to seeing Dickinson play on the Canucks. The team is in dire need of a forward who excells on the defensive side of the game. I'm very content with this signing, and looking forward to seeing what he brings to the team this year.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
May be in the minority but I am happy with this - although I was also happier than many regarding the initial trade for this player in the first place.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
pretty stupid take. the other 2 big ones are obviously being worked on... he can do multiple deals at a time. he isnt going to not sign dickinson because the other 2 are having more difficulties getting signed...

im not even a benning fan but man you guys spin everything into something against him

cause last year proved they litterally can’t multi task when they ran out of time.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
*deep sigh*

Of course not.

This is the equivalent of congratulating Trump for releasing a statement that contained one sentence that wasn't a bald-faced lie.
It would be more like saying you liked a particular statement Trump made that contained one true statement and nothing else, without actually making any explicit reference to Trump let alone congratulating him.

Reactions: strattonius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad