Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Dakota Joshua to 2-Year Deal (1-Way, $750K AAV)

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Ooo I really like this signing, great money and term. A big body that can hit, fight, take faceoffs, and eat up minutes on the 4th line. It was long overdue having a sandpaper like player on the 4th line. This team was way too soft as it is and Dakota Joshua will be a welcomed addition to this team. Could become a fan favorite.

I like it. :thumbu:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Super athletic player. I don’t know how he handles the puck and if he can playmake, but maybe he has Dwight King potential.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
About damn time we got someone in the bottom 6 with some grit! Too many opposing players taking liberties with our big names over the last 2 seasons.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I didn't post here during the Granlund years, but I remember this statement. Makes me wanna laugh. Ridiculous.
They just said whatever TF they wanted about whatever snake oil they were selling. Remember Gudbranson’s good first pass? Sutter’s offensive prowess to let Horvat focus on defense? Sigh…

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Just the kind of player that the Canucks have been avoiding these past years. Free agency has made the Canucks faster and grittier. Hard to argue with that. Add in Kuz as the wildcard and it will be an interesting season.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I think Dickinson will be the odd man out, he will likely be around to step in if Dakota doesn't thrive in his role or if Podz/Hoglander need to sit out a few games as they go through their growing pains.

Dickinson was originally brought in to be 'the' defensive forward for Canucks but Mikheyev makes him redundant, its possible that some team might take him for a late round pick during the deadline with some salary retention.

Last edited:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've heard it mentioned that Ryan Johnson liked this player when we shared AHL teams with St. Louis, and it makes me wonder if there were other players he liked but didn't have the autonomy to promote them or whatever.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've heard it mentioned that Ryan Johnson liked this player when we shared AHL teams with St. Louis, and it makes me wonder if there were other players he liked but didn't have the autonomy to promote them or whatever.

I was surprised we weren't in on Nathan Staios (signed yesterday with Florida) given that he was a guy that Johnson presumably would have been involved in bringing to Utica during the covid year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Don't like how many first names this guy has. Entirely too many.

But it seems like an okay shot to take. Our bottom-6 could use some size+real physicality. If he can play, that'd be nice to have. Would be nice to have some speed with that, but when you're scrounging around for physicality, you can't always get exactly what you want.

Reactions: mossey3535

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Don't like how many first names this guy has. Entirely too many.

But it seems like an okay shot to take. Our bottom-6 could use some size+real physicality. If he can play, that'd be nice to have. Would be nice to have some speed with that, but when you're scrounging around for physicality, you can't always get exactly what you want.
But he has the normal amout of consonants and only 3 syllables per name. You need to t up John and John a couple slow balls just so there cadence can keep up with the game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Good deal, worst case he's an effective AHL powerforward, best case he's a cheap 4th liner in the NHL
Even earning close to the league minimum, it's still a bit of a 'fail' if he ends up as a decent power forward in the AHL. The Canucks gave him a one-way contract for two years.

My thought is the Canucks might actually be penciling him in as one of their bottom six forwards for next season.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Even earning close to the league minimum, it's still a bit of a 'fail' if he ends up as a decent power forward in the AHL. The Canucks gave him a one-way contract for two years.

My thought is the Canucks might actually be penciling him in as one of their bottom six forwards for next season.

Every interview with anyone from the braintrust since this signing as said exactly that. I see him currently as the 13th forward, but he's going to have to really shit the bed before he gets sent to Abby.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I like him and I think he'll be a favourite, but we could just as easily have Big Mac or Gadjo if Benning hadn't Benning'd them.
I feel like I almost will be surprised if neither of them are available for free before the season on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad