Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Tyler Myers to 5-Year, $30m Deal ($6m AAV)

Thoughts on the contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
In 2 years this will be viewed identically to how the Eriksson deal is viewed now.

Except Myers is a d-man which makes it worse and much more difficult to hide (as we saw with Gudbranson).

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I loved Jovo. I still remember him banging the glass in the penalty box when the Canucks scored that late goal.
If he was Jovo I’d be thrilled. But I don’t think that’s the case unfortunately.

Jovo got too injury prone in his last seasons in Vancouver, guys groin was a patch work done wrong.
Either Sopel/Salo/Ohlund would have to make up for his stupid mistakes..while people give him a pass for his hard hits/checks and his 'fist pump' celebration after a goal..

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit the post

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Tyler Myers was disgustingly misused in Buffalo, they tried deploying him as shutdown defender and he was utterly destroyed.

I fear that the Canucks will try and do the same with him, I fear they’re going to play him 25 minutes a night and try to make him something he isn’t.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
A lot of posters like to say that Benning isn't good at attracting UFAs. In reality, the only big-name UFAs who have signed here in recent memory are either from BC or from Sweden.

This isn’t a criticism I’ve heard a lot. He’s been good at attracting guys - just the wrong ones who are terrible for far too much money.

This market will always be one of the 5-10 least desirable destinations in the NHL unless we’re a Cup contender. Unless guys have ties to the area we’re behind the 8-ball.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I mean it's not the worse contract in the world, but I need to know the clauses before I come to a conclusion.

Boesersflow123

Apr 28, 2018
Meh could be worse see what he can do with the Canucks his -/+ ain't bad either and he can produce some points. Its not like he can't do anything but he ain't spectacular either. I don't think Tryamkin would do any better anyways but is he tougher?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
A lot of posters like to say that Benning isn't good at attracting UFAs. In reality, the only big-name UFAs who have signed here in recent memory are either from BC or from Sweden.
So those places only have questionable players or does Benning have a skill of identifying the crappy ones?

Unlike Loui, who was awful from day one, I think we’ll get a couple good years out of him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tyler Myers was disgustingly misused in Buffalo, they tried deploying him as shutdown defender and he was utterly destroyed.

I fear that the Canucks will try and do the same with him, I fear they’re going to play him 25 minutes a night and try to make him something he isn’t.

Oh they absolutely will. There have already been media reports they view him as a top-pairing guy.

HES 6’8!!!

Reactions: geebaan and Momesso

member 290103

"Don't worry guys, his terrible contract will be done by the time the Canucks are ready to compete again!"

Rinse and repeat every season. ****ing awful contract. I'm loving this. :popcorn:

The Canucks had lots of cap space, a young team with some good solid cornerstones and rather than keep building by stocking up on picks and weaponizing cap space, they acquired JT Miller and f***ing Tyler Myers. That's supposed to suddenly propel them into a contender? Is Frank Aqauilini smoking crack? I can't seriously think of any other reason why he sits there and lets this buffoon ruin his team year after year.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Terrible deal.

Hopefully hes not deployed as a shutdown D but rather plays the point on the PP with limited Pk time.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Oh they absolutely will. There have already been media reports they view him as a top-pairing guy.

HES 6’8!!!
It’s like trading for Brandon Sutter and playing him in offensive deployment, it just makes zero sense.

Myers was finally showing he can at least been an effective player when deployed in Winnipeg in sheltered minutes as an offensive defender.

He’s just nowhere near an all situation top pairing guy, it’s been 5 years and these guys still have zero idea how to assemble a team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Awful deal, but we knew the Canucks were going to Benning it up. This is going to hurt the next GM's ability to ice a competitive team during Pettersson's prime. Benning just f***ed this organization for another generation of players. We're not trending to be Edmonton, we are Edmonton.

Reactions: rdogg

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Meh could be worse see what he can do with the Canucks his -/+ ain't bad either and he can produce some points. Its not like he can't do anything but he ain't spectacular either. I don't think Tryamkin would do any better anyways but is he tougher?
Brandon Sutter’s +\- was really good when the Canucks acquired him despite having terrible underlying numbers, at least Sutter was playing tough minutes.

Myers has been given easy minutes in Winnipeg as Trouba and Byfuglien are just much better players.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
better dollars and less years then I expected from management.

this guy needs to be better then a '4' at that price tag though. I wish Myers luck cause if he isn't he will be devoured by this city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad