Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Tyler Myers to 5-Year, $30m Deal ($6m AAV)

Thoughts on the contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
If that's the contract, and if there's no movement protection, would Myers be tradeable tomorrow, or would he have negative value?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
That $8M rumor was obviously a calculated leak to either drive up his price or to make the eventual contract look better. I suspect it'll succeed in the latter, even if it's still a bad contract.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This is a good move and fills a huge need for a top 4 defenseman , thought for sure it would be a lot higher but since Myers wanted to come here I figure this is a discounted contract

If we had signed Karlsson for what the Sharks did us Canucks fans would of been irate and would of been livid with Jimbo but I can live with this and am relieved by the term

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippgunn

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think the major takeaway is that Myers obviously targeted Vancouver and wanted to play here. To the point he may have been able to squeeze a bit more out of the market in terms of AAV and term.

Seems like he basically didn't even really talk to other teams. The contract is within median market range probably. Maybe cut a year and a few $100k.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
You guys will legit hate him. I mean no disrespect as I was a Canucks fan before the Jets came back but this guy is truly terrible in every sense of the word.

I never cared for this player and loathe him now. Vastly overpaid pilon. Most Jets fans are overjoyed they didn’t sign this albatross contract, and rightfully so.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I was hoping for the worst of 7 years at 8 million, but I think I I said earlier 5 years at 6.5
But 5 years at 6 million isn't too bad...eh it is what it is.
We got that Ed Jovanovski big man defensemen which has lacked since 2006..

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Interesting, you’d think other teams would have been in on him for that contract as for July 1st UFA that’s ok, not that I agree with the signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad