Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Matt Bartkowski to 1-Year Deal ($1.75m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I don't think a team in the league takes Sbisa even a 2.6 million.

But I don't see how this is a solution, because that would mean Corrado and Clendening don't play all year. I doubt the Canucks waive them, and Willie doesn't play his press box D at all if this past season was any indication.

I just don't see the fit for Bartkowski, but Benning talks about him like he's an essential part of the top 6. Maybe they're planning to move Hamhuis.
Playing Sbisa with Hamhuis is the best way to ensure Hamhuis is available.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The defence looks whack. Sbisa on the rs is a nightmare... but Tanev, Weber, Corrado, Clendening doesn't inspire much confidence, either.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The defence looks whack. Sbisa on the rs is a nightmare... but Tanev, Weber, Corrado, Clendening doesn't inspire much confidence, either.

We have 3 good defenders ... and then spots 4-7 look worse than what the Vegas expansion team will be throwing out there in 2 years.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
We have 3 good defenders ... and then spots 4-7 look worse than what the Vegas expansion team will be throwing out there in 2 years.

I think Weber is a viable #6 on a good team. But I am higher on him than most. I also think usage from Willie will make the defense look worse than it is.

I would feel better rolling:

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Bartkowski-Corrado
Clendenning

Then the inevitable

Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Hamhuis
Bartkowski-Clendenning

that we will see.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
i hear he's a great writer but is this the guy we want on our blueline?

bukowski2.jpg

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Obviously the defense looks whack. It's not a team running for the cup - words don't mean a thing. If they would like to compete, they wouldn't head off into the season with that.

Clendening, Corrado, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Weber are all players the management is expecting to develop. If two of those five turn out as either high-end stable 3rd pairing types or de facto 2nd pairing guys, that's a great outcome for the rebuild. Then we have a few slots open still for the next generation of guys, new UFA's and all that a few years down the road.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Obviously the defense looks whack. It's not a team running for the cup - words don't mean a thing. If they would like to compete, they wouldn't head off into the season with that.

Clendening, Corrado, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Weber are all players the management is expecting to develop. If two of those five turn out as either high-end stable 3rd pairing types or de facto 2nd pairing guys, that's a great outcome for the rebuild. Then we have a few slots open still for the next generation of guys, new UFA's and all that a few years down the road.

Agree with all of this....after the Flames series debacle everyone pointed the finger at the defense and coaching....so what was the response?....they replace Bieksa with Bartkowski, dump Stanton and add Corrado-Clendening....this is an improvement?....another long year at hand of watching this under-sized d-core get unmercifully schooled in its own zone.:help::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad