Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Elias Pettersson (D-Petey) to 3-Year ELC

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
They played 7 playoff games together as well. Otto kicked it in. Thought they played more than two regular season games together as Greg C Adams appareared in a dozen regular season games. Maybe Gus got hurt and missed ten games and then suited up for the playoffs?

gus always was hurt, he was salo before salo

although other than his name greg c was most notable in vancouver for himself being the target of a dirty gary suter hit from behind, right into the end boards.

here’s the hit, game one of the 1989 first round. does suter accidentally/on purpose also fall stick first onto him after? we’d come back to tie it in the third, with little skriko scoring a gutsy goal going to the net after being flattened by a huge open ice hit. reinhart ended up winning it in overtime.

but then in game 5, karma came calling. mel bridgman broke his jaw on this hit, injuring him for the rest of the season.

so that cheap POS gary suter had to sit out for the entire rest of the playoffs while his teammates won the stanley cup. that was the second finals run that suter missed the majority of, having also gotten injured in the second round during calgary's 1986 run. he might own a ring but as far as i’m concerned that jackass never won a stanley cup.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
He wasn’t getting much ice time, some games he would simply dress but not play at all. Everyone in his camp believed a loan to place that had an opening for a regular defenseman was the best thing for him.

I’m glad we get to see him as early as next week. I wonder if they use his middle name which is Nils to differentiate between him and EP40. Don’t think I’ve ever seen players with the exact same first and last name on the same team in pro sports.
The Greg Adams-es

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
gus always was hurt, he was salo before salo

although other than his name greg c was most notable in vancouver for himself being the target of a dirty gary suter hit from behind, right into the end boards.

here’s the hit, game one of the 1989 first round. does suter accidentally/on purpose also fall stick first onto him after? we’d come back to tie it in the third, with little skriko scoring a gutsy goal going to the net after being flattened by a huge open ice hit. reinhart ended up winning it in overtime.

but then in game 5, karma came calling. mel bridgman broke his jaw on this hit, injuring him for the rest of the season.

so that cheap POS gary suter had to sit out for the entire rest of the playoffs while his teammates won the stanley cup. that was the second finals run that suter missed the majority of, having also gotten injured in the second round during calgary's 1986 run. he might own a ring but as far as i’m concerned that jackass never won a stanley cup.

He did quite well for himself post-hockey: he owns several Tim Hortons on Vancouver Island in and around his hometown of Duncan, owned a White Spot there for a while (I worked there briefly when young), had a winery (I think he sold it though; it utilized his jersey number, 22, in the name), and was also was a part-owner of the Cowichan Valley Capitals of the BCHL (again I don't know if he still is involved there).

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
He did quite well for himself post-hockey: he owns several Tim Hortons on Vancouver Island in and around his hometown of Duncan, owned a White Spot there for a while (I worked there briefly when young), had a winery (I think he sold it though; it utilized his jersey number, 22, in the name), and was also was a part-owner of the Cowichan Valley Capitals of the BCHL (again I don't know if he still is involved there).
That's awesome! I love Duncan and the cowichan valley. That farmers market is amazing. The food grown there is incredible

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My early impressions.....big, physical d-,man who's surprisingly fluid in the skating department. Hard to believe he just turned 20. Can only get better from here on in as he continues to adjust to the smaller ice. He'll be a mean piece of business as he matures and gets even stronger.

I figured he might respond well to the smaller ice. Looking a home-run pick for a third rounder.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The way he plays, and the way the organization has handled him so far does not remind me of Tryamkin. @arttk what do ya think

Reactions: vancityluongo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pettersson (D-Petey) looks like a giant out there......obviously his Hockey DB profile at 6'2" and 194 is wildly out of date.

I'm guessing he has to be closer to 6'4" now and at least 215. Even at just 20, he's rag-dolling AHL players who are a lot older and more physically mature than he is.

I don't know if he'll ever be much of a point-producer from the back end......but his work in his own zone will be worth the price of admission.

Reactions: wetcoast

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Pettersson (D-Petey) looks like a giant out there......obviously his Hockey DB profile at 6'2" and 194 is wildly out of date.

I'm guessing he has to be closer to 6'4" now and at least 215. Even at just 20, he's rag-dolling AHL players who are a lot older and more physically mature than he is.

I don't know if he'll ever be much of a point-producer from the back end......but his work in his own zone will be worth the price of admission.

Elite Prospects says 6'4", 209.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

wow TIL both greg adamses were BC boys

It was either him or Brzuskewicz. Thinking we made the right call

100. brzu was tantalizing but was both redundant and had so many more question marks

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
His growth spurt was commented on in various places when he showed up to the development camps last summer. Seems like he grew 2 inches in his draft+1.

Jokes aside, I wonder how the commentators, not just from Orca media, are gonna call their names.

PTO and PDO?
:laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jokes aside, I wonder how the commentators, not just from Orca media, are gonna call their names.

PTO and PDO?
:laugh:
If Elias Pettersson (D-Petey) has a middle name, he might consider using it like another former Canuck 'John' Namestnikov, who's real first name was Evgeny. (Apparently he wanted his name to sound more 'North American'.

Obviously now that Elias Pettersson has signed his eight year deal, he isn't going anywhere. So when D-Petey does arrive in Vancouver, it'll drive the announcers crazy.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
If Elias Pettersson (D-Petey) has a middle name, he might consider using it like another former Canuck 'John' Namestnikov, who's real first name was Evgeny. (Apparently he wanted his name to sound more 'North American'.

Obviously now that Elias Pettersson has signed his eight year deal, he isn't going anywhere. So when D-Petey does arrive in Vancouver, it'll drive the announcers crazy.
His middle name is Nils, and I think I mentioned this before. Very strong chance we’ll refer to him by his middle and last names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad