Prospect Info: Canucks select William Lockwood in 3rd Round, 64th Overall

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Surprised they took him over someone like fox...

I mean fox was actually the teams top offensive D.

Lockwood was a middle 6 winger...

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
vP84ZBK.jpg

sounds like a lil' douche.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Kid has an impressive combination of physical play and really soft hands that you don't see too often.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Fixed for you.

Feebster made this video so it would be nice to hear his opinion.
Lockwood has always stood out to me in the NTDP's bottom 6. He is very fast, shifty, and has under-rated puck skills. He is a buzz saw, plays with an attacking nature. He reminds me of Hansen in a way; probably in terms of projection that would be a safe target. I think he's going to surprise in the NCAA.

However, i went into the draft or before Bob's list thinking this was a 5th round calibre player who you could take in the later rounds for good value. He would not have been my pick here... there are several in the next 10 that i would select. Like the player, not the selection. I made the video thinking... meh someone will take him late, they wouldn't mind a video.. lol.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Fixed for you.

Lockwood has always stood out to me in the NTDP's bottom 6. He is very fast, shifty, and has under-rated puck skills. He is a buzz saw, plays with an attacking nature. He reminds me of Hansen in a way; probably in terms of projection that would be a safe target. I think he's going to surprise in the NCAA.

However, i went into the draft or before Bob's list thinking this was a 5th round calibre player who you could take in the later rounds for good value. He would not have been my pick here... there are several in the next 10 that i would select. Like the player, not the selection. I made the video thinking... meh someone will take him late, they wouldn't mind a video.. lol.

Looks a lot like TJ Oshie out there... probably will end up just shy of 200lbs when he's matured. Love guys with the confidence to take on players, excited for this kid.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Not necessarily the guy i would've gone for there, but don't mind this pick at all.

He's a really interesting projection. A bit smaller than ideal, but he's a super speedy little buzzsaw out there. Flies around, hounds the puck, forechecks really well. Has some flashes of pretty underrated skill.

Really curious to see what he can do out from the shadow of a depth role on the USNTDP. Those guys just don't tend to get a lot of opportunity to spread their wings and play a lot of offensive minutes until they leave.

Nice that he has the sort of game to be a potentially great bottom-6 fit if the scoring side doesn't end up really blossoming completely.

Eh, that highlight package and this description sounds better than the initial "he skates really fast and really hard but doesn't accomplish much."

Hope this one pans out haha.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
I know nothing about these later round guys. Projections start to fall apart after the first 15-20 picks, so it's all a bit of a crap shoot. He looks alright skatin' around out there, but highlight packages do tend to be flattering.

I know nothing, is what I'm saying. I just like to say things. Boop.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Surprised they took him over someone like fox...

I mean fox was actually the teams top offensive D.

Lockwood was a middle 6 winger...

Yeah, but look who he'd have to displace to be on the top line. Bulk of his production came at ES.

He didn't look like a bottom six forward when he toe dragged Michael Mcleod and snapped it home.

good skater and gritty given his size. one of the younger guys on that development team too.

don't hate this one at all.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Fixed for you.

as usual, benning doesnt really understand the concept of opportunity cost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad