AGE 18 NATION USA
POSITION RW SHOOTS R
HEIGHT 178 cm / 5'10" WEIGHT 78 kg / 172 lbs
NHL DRAFT 2016 round 3 #64 overall by Vancouver Canucks
RANKINGS Ranked #151 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #95 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #197 by Future Considerations
Ranked #71 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #108 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #74 by TSN/McKenzie

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Pronman had him at #75:

Lockwood didn't put up great numbers this season, so consider this one more of a scouting feel, as I always came away impressed when I saw Lockwood play this season. He has high-end offensive talent, as he skates very well and buzzes around the ice with speed and energy every shift. He is confident with the puck and can execute difficult plays with consistency. Lockwood is better at attacking directly than being a playmaker, although he has decent vision. His off-puck play can use a lot of work. He is not the most physically imposing player nor does he win a ton of battles. His defensive positioning could also be described as lackluster, at times. He's committed to the University of Michigan starting next season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
General consensus is that he projects as a speedy bottom-6 player. Good skater, little finish.

Don't like this pick much, especially when looking at the other small skill guys who went in the next 5 picks.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not necessarily the guy i would've gone for there, but don't mind this pick at all.

He's a really interesting projection. A bit smaller than ideal, but he's a super speedy little buzzsaw out there. Flies around, hounds the puck, forechecks really well. Has some flashes of pretty underrated skill.

Really curious to see what he can do out from the shadow of a depth role on the USNTDP. Those guys just don't tend to get a lot of opportunity to spread their wings and play a lot of offensive minutes until they leave.

Nice that he has the sort of game to be a potentially great bottom-6 fit if the scoring side doesn't end up really blossoming completely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad