GDT: Canucks Season-End Media Availability with Jim Benning, Travis Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't understand your logic.
He’s using your logic and you’re trying to act
as if you don’t understand it to avoid being seen as a hypocrite.

You’re making it about morals while you ignore that you’re about to pump thousands of dollars into the farm team and the canucks on tickets, food, etc. when that money could be donated to help Palestinians. (I don’t actually care what you do with your money - this is just an example of your logic being used against you)

I’m just not ____ enough to tell people how they should use their money/spend their time, but that is the logic you are using.

I’m ready for the “Please leave me alone. Thanks” deflect response now.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
You’re making it about morals while you ignore that you’re about to pump thousands of dollars into the farm team and the canucks on tickets, food, etc. when that money could be donated to help Palestinians.
I do donate money to charitable causes I agree with! Thanks for inquiring!

I'm sorry you disagree with my position, and I still maintain that a physical protest is a bad look. Seems we are at an impasse. But I look forward to your posts in the future! Cheers!:)

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I do donate money to charitable causes I agree with! Thanks for inquiring!

I'm sorry you disagree with my position, and I still maintain that a physical protest is a bad look. Seems we are at an impasse. But I look forward to your posts in the future! Cheers!:)
You can say it’s a bad look but the logic you used made no sense.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Why wouldn't it "be a good look considering everything else ongoing in the world right now" to protest anything, yet its ok to celebrate anything?

Things are always going on in the world it doesn't mean you can't cheer or protest the things that matter to you.
Canucker you better sell your house and donate the funds towards a charitable cause today you POS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Canucker

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Please speak more respectfully to or about me.

All I am saying is that a physical protest of a hockey team would not be a good look considering everything else ongoing in the world right now, and would be a shame in the long history of organized protesting.
It’s not like all the protests are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Peen

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

All I am saying is that a physical protest of a hockey team would not be a good look considering everything else ongoing in the world right now, and would be a shame in the long history of organized protesting.

As others have noted, this is ridiculous.

There are always bad things (and good things) going on in the world and people are free to protest (or celebrate) whatever matters to them, and as long as people aren't violating provincial COVID regulations they can fill their boots.

As others have said, is whoever wins the Cup not allowed to celebrate because it's trivial compared to larger issues?

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
There are always bad things (and good things) going on in the world and people are free to protest (or celebrate) whatever matters to them, and as long as people aren't violating provincial COVID regulations they can fill their boots.
I respect your right to protest and voice your opinion, however I still think it is a bad look. I apologize if you disagree, but I think we can move beyond this discussion. Thanks! :)

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I don’t think Benning has really used the words we will be “aggressive”.

I’m somewhat interested & somewhat scared on what he has up his sleeves for this summer.

You know he’s fighting for his job this year. Could we possibly see our top 10 pick moves?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Neither is wasting time trolling on a message board when you could use that time raising awareness for victims of the Russian Tzars.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

I’m somewhat interested & somewhat scared on what he has up his sleeves for this summer.

You know he’s fighting for his job this year. Could we possibly see our top 10 pick moves?
I'd be willing to bet a significant amount of money that unless they win the lottery, they're going to trade it.

I don't think it's a bad idea either.

How much salary can a top ten pick shed? Could you shed Myers, Eriksson, and Roussel for example?

If they suck next year, players are going to ask out and we're going to enter a 5 year rebuild lmao

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I think we ALL have a pretty good idea what this moron's got up his sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad