Friedman: Canucks Rumblings

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
A high pressure market like Vancouver will never allow for a scorched earth rebuild. It may be what’s needed, but it won’t happen

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
The Canucks REFUSE and have REFUSED for a decade to do what needs to be done and even crapped all over Linden for doing what needs to be done.

Now they're finally saying the right stuff but suggesting that they'll avoid futures to do it which is like just saying "we're planning to screw our way to the middle"

In order of value the following trades should be/need to be made to return the assets in picks and prospects over the next 3 years that will make this team truly competitive.

First for value:
Horvat
Kuzmenko
Schenn
Garland

Then:
Miller
Boeser
Myers
Pearson

The first three will return the highest possible return in multiple picks and prospects which should be spread between this year and 2025. Firsts for this and next year with the additional picks spread through to 2025.

The other three should be traded targetting the 2024 and 2025 drafts to ensure we're drafting multiple players over the next three straight drafts.

This ensures cap space and prospects as well as picks coming back to spread out the proverbial wealth over time instead of just one single shot in 2023.

It also ensures Vancouver is drafting top 5 for the next 3 seasons which, when added to the picks and prospects garnered via trades will set the team up for a decade.

But knowing that this Jim is the same as the old Jim and the owners won't allow for something so essential to happen.... expect the worst

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Like 25th overall overall pick or a recent 1st or 2nd overall who is buried in the lineup due to a deep roster? After Lekkerimaki and the way he’s tracking are you trusting the scouting staff? We need C and D prospects and we took a winger who is small and tracking terribly.
Yes, I don’t want two players that are about to bust. Yes. I would rather take the risk.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
I will probably regret this, but oh well here we go:

To NYI:

Boeser (6.65M x 2 more years)
Pearson (3.25 x 1 more year)
Total: 9.9M + 3 contract years

To VAN:

Beauvillier (4.15M x 1 more year)
Palmieri (5M x 2 more years)
Dufour (750k, RW B prospect)
Total: 9.9M + 3 contract years (and an ELC contract)

So, cap space and remaining contract years match, and NYI takes Boeser on for Beauvillier and Dufour, but to make up for his high salary, VAN takes a worse cap dump (Palmieri for Pearson, who has 1 additional year).

I feel like this would make sense - Boeser has higher potential than Beauvillier, they are near the same age and should benefit from a change of scenery, no? Just Boeser's salary that is an issue...

Reactions: McJedi and Rydgar

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Woah? Canuck fans this true? Are you really going all for it? You were just with us a few weeks ago bottom of the standings. Really shocked right now the Canucks aren’t going rebuild.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
Boston , St. Louis can constantly rebuild on the fly with varying degrees of success , why cant the Canucks and other teams ?

I look at the Canucks on paper and with that much talent they should be in the wildcard mix
Because half the team gives 0 shits half the time

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Woah? Canuck fans this true? Are you really going all for it? You were just with us a few weeks ago bottom of the standings. Really shocked right now the Canucks aren’t going rebuild.
The Canucks are back, baby. You know what we gotta, no, gonna do? Just get in. You know why? Cause then anything can happen.

I’m sure I don’t need to remind you about a little thing called The Bubble®.

• Haha
Reactions: Paddys Pub

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
The Canucks are back, baby. You know what we gotta, no, gonna do? Just get in. You know why? Cause then anything can happen.

I’m sure I don’t need to remind you about a little thing called The Bubble®.

Don’t think Canucks should be going full force into this playoff battle. Could be wrong, but this draft is going to help all of us tremendously

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Don’t think Canucks should be going full force into this playoff battle. Could be wrong, but this draft is going to help all of us tremendously
I’m probably one of the most self loathing Canucks fans around here. I was being over the top sarcastic.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
So the market won’t allow a scorched earth rebuild but it will allow the team to be the worst in the NHL over the last decade? How the f*** does this make any sense?
Aqualini baby

Last edited:

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
This narrative of a 'full rebuild' is getting out of hand.

Yes tear it down, hopefully we can draft players like Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and Horvat. Canucks need to acquire a top pairing RHD and have a coach that plays with structure. Their forward group is set.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
This narrative of a 'full rebuild' is getting out of hand.

Yes tear it down, hopefully we can draft players like Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and Horvat. Canucks need to acquire a top pairing RHD and have a coach that plays with structure. Their forward group is set.
Agree partially. The core needs a shakeup but we need to keep Petey, Hughes and Demko

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Decline of Shea Weber and Carey Price say hello. Completely different circumstances

And by decline you mean forced retirements because of injuries. Yeah when your two best players are told by doctors one of you will never Olay again and the other probably won't either you aren't left with many options especially when your 2 and 3 C leave that same summer.

Montreal was forced to rebuild wasn't really chosen.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad