Friedman: Canucks Rumblings

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If it’s Lafrenier do you get upset? Kakko or somebody with Pedigree that hast panned out but hasn’t busted yet either? Fine line depending on the return so you have to wait and see. 25 and under could be a 19 or 20 year old who was already drafted and tracking well instead of a lotto ticket.

I fully want a rebuild but I’ll also wait and see as the Pro Scouting brought in some good players last offseason. They are at least targeting the right positions RHD and C in the return. I see picks coming from a Boeser, Schenn and potential Kuzmenko return.
I would be upset with those two being the core of a package. They are not busts yet, but I would rather get a first than either of them.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Feb 19, 2018
I would be upset with those two being the core of a package. They are not busts yet, but I would rather get a first than either of them.
Like 25th overall overall pick or a recent 1st or 2nd overall who is buried in the lineup due to a deep roster? After Lekkerimaki and the way he’s tracking are you trusting the scouting staff? We need C and D prospects and we took a winger who is small and tracking terribly.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
If you just go by the words yeah but when you read between the lines it becomes pretty clear that what they want to do is a rebuild.

Like when they say that only one player is untouchable. That's a rebuild.
Oh I know, I think a lot of people are thinking a rebuild means going to a scorched earth method, but could be a series of lateral moves as well.

I think, given how the contracts and such are on this team, you're not going to get equal value on most players. I think if they go this route, it's going to be years of mediocrity again. Not bad enough to suck, not good enough to compete. Might squeak a couple playoff spots here and there, which will excite the Aquilinis.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
If it’s Lafrenier do you get upset? Kakko or somebody with Pedigree that hast panned out but hasn’t busted yet either? Fine line depending on the return so you have to wait and see. 25 and under could be a 19 or 20 year old who was already drafted and tracking well instead of a lotto ticket.

I fully want a rebuild but I’ll also wait and see as the Pro Scouting brought in some good players last offseason. They are at least targeting the right positions RHD and C in the return. I see picks coming from a Boeser, Schenn and potential Kuzmenko return.
Neither are 23 and neither will be available for a rental.

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009

Horvat to the Rangers literally makes no sense from a positional standpoint and also from a cap standpoint. They didn't budge on their stance when your 99 point center, who also happened to have two playoffs runs left on his contract was up for grabs. So now they're opening up those players for a true rental? Also, they already found their 2C and Chytil is playing well this season as their 3C. Again, no sense from the Rangers perspective. Keep trying though.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Thing is, the Canucks are one of the highest scoring teams in the league, if Demko can bounce back and if they can get a good defenseman they could make some noise.

We're 15th in the league, middle of the pack.

We are so much more than a "good defensemen" and Demko bouncing back from being anything other than mediocre.

Reactions: McJedi

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
When a rebuild happens usually there is a new GM in charge who brings in a new head scout. Doubt that is going to happen. Their current brain-trust is the one that thought that the best way to win is to have as many offensive defensmen on your team. And hey! why not have two all-star quality ones, that'snot redundant at all!

They also chose to draft the most EP like player in Lekkermaki instead of drafting someone who would bring in a new dimension to the team.

No rebuild is happening until newblood is injected into the organisation.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
When a rebuild happens usually there is a new GM in charge who brings in a new head scout. Doubt that is going to happen. Their current brain-trust is the one that thought that the best way to win is to have as many offensive defensmen on your team. And hey! why not have two all-star quality ones, that'snot redundant at all!

They also chose to draft the most EP like player in Lekkermaki instead of drafting someone who would bring in a new dimension to the team.

No rebuild is happening until newblood is injected into the organisation.
Specifically a new Owner or if one of the other brothers take over. FA reminds me of the "special" child whose father buys him a toy and puts him in the corner so he doesn't bother the rest of the family.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I am so sick of hearing about what the Canucks want to do. Then constantly be reminded about their complete inability to execute anything significant. The scariest thing about being a Canucks fan is thinking that after ten shitty years with zero vision, that we are facing the same reality.

It’s so obvious that Aqualini is calling the shots, complete makeover of a management team with the exact same decision making.

Yes, they’ve made a couple shrewd moves with Joshua, Aman, Bear…. But these moves really don’t change the Apple Card.

They have not move a single core piece, they move about Dickinson and a 2nd but then also took back term and money on a an absolute train wreck of a player in Stillman. Horrific deal.

It’s so obvious that fans would accept a rebuilt yet this out of touch team just won’t do it.

I’m beyond done with this team. Thank you to an absolute piece of shit owner, you have completely ruined this team and turned it into a laughing stock of the league.

f*** YOU AQUALINI

Feb 19, 2018
Horvat to the Rangers literally makes no sense from a positional standpoint and also from a cap standpoint. They didn't budge on their stance when your 99 point center, who also happened to have two playoffs runs left on his contract was up for grabs. So now they're opening up those players for a true rental? Also, they already found their 2C and Chytil is playing well this season as their 3C. Again, no sense from the Rangers perspective. Keep trying though.
So you’re saying that two playoff runs worth of them not cementing themselves has not made them more expandable? I understand if it doesn’t make sense and I was throwing out a hypothetical scenario to someone if you read back further. I wouldn’t target either myself for our top asset anyways, both have barely passed 30 points in year 3 and 4 and those are some serious red flags.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
just curious, Has vancouver fans ever made signs or bought bilboards asking for the Owner to sell the team? Didn't really change much in Ottawa though.

Feb 19, 2018
just curious, Has vancouver fans ever made signs or bought bilboards asking for the Owner to sell the team? Didn't really change much in Ottawa though.
They are for sale in Ottawa….. Did I miss something, seems to have worked.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Rutherford and Allvin: We're not going to do a rebuild. It's a retool

Also Rutherford and Allvin: Everyone is for sale in this non rebuild.

Meet the new Jim. Same as the old Jim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad