Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall Frank Corrado

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Our injury situation is straight up comical. Happy to see Corrado, but losing Bieksa at is stage is yet another critical blow. Bah.

So one Francesco gets injured, and we recall another one? There's a Francesco for every occasion on this team :yo:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yup Blain was confirmed on their twitter.

Blain was called up. Scratched. Bieksa looks like he plays tonight. Corrado absent for a Comets 2-1 OT loss where his offensive play may have created that 1 extra goal that would have won the game before OT for a team pushing deperately to get into the playoffs.

Ah the trials and tribulations of an AHL franchise whose first obligation is to feed the parent club.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hope we start to build up our ahl defense soon.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Corrado is Garbage. Another case of Mike Gillis raving on a player to a point where he becomes so overrated in this board.

But I guess putting in garbage with the rest of this garbage season makes sense.

Wetcoaster

What a screwup. Canucks didn't want him. Wouldn't have helped tonight, but would have made a world of difference last night.
No screw-up.

It was unclear if Kevin Bieksa would be able to play after being injured last game, so Corrado was called up as insurance. KB3 was declared good to go as a game day decision. Such is life for a team that is a minor league affiliate.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Corrado is Garbage. Another case of Mike Gillis raving on a player to a point where he becomes so overrated in this board.

But I guess putting in garbage with the rest of this garbage season makes sense.

I'd hardly say he is garbage. I think he can be a more offensive Tanev type.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

I wouldn't say he is garbage but he's very ordinary. Maybe a bottom pair guy. Not sure if he's ever a full time NHLer

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Corrado hasn't even proven anything yet. To say he is more offensive than Tanev makes no sense. Tanev is already a successful top 4 D in the NHL. At 24, Tanev still hasn't tapped his full potential yet.

After 54 games with Utica, Corrado only has 5 goals.

Not saying he's garbage, but I think Corrado is a bit overrated.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Corrado hasn't even proven anything yet. To say he is more offensive than Tanev makes no sense. Tanev is already a successful top 4 D in the NHL. At 24, Tanev still hasn't tapped his full potential yet.

After 54 games with Utica, Corrado only has 5 goals.

Not saying he's garbage, but I think Corrado is a bit overrated.

Well He has proven that he has the potential, His season he had last year showed that, ending with him playing very well in his role against SJ...

A blind man can see he has more offence then Tanev... He also posses the ability to throw a hit...

Also an interesting point about Tanevs age, I wonder if that can be used for Corrado?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad