Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Jonah Gadjovich

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
That was an amazing draft looking at the top 5 picks. We desperately need another draft like that this year although getting five potential nhl’ers is probably not realistic.
  • Round 1, 5th overall: C Elias Pettersson. ...
  • Round 2, 33rd overall: RW Kole Lind
  • Round 2, 55th overall: LW Jonah Gadjovich. ...
  • Round 3, 64th overall: G Michael DiPietro. ...
  • Round 4, 95th overall: D Jack Rathbone.
Another draft like this is what can make the club sustainably competitive for the next decade. Horvat still seems young but 30 is only 5 years away. 2021 draft class needs to be in the NHL making a difference in 4 years.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
That was an amazing draft looking at the top 5 picks. We desperately need another draft like that this year although getting five potential nhl’ers is probably not realistic.
  • Round 1, 5th overall: C Elias Pettersson. ...
  • Round 2, 33rd overall: RW Kole Lind
  • Round 2, 55th overall: LW Jonah Gadjovich. ...
  • Round 3, 64th overall: G Michael DiPietro. ...
  • Round 4, 95th overall: D Jack Rathbone.

Outside of Petey, I'm not sure you can call this an amazing draft. All the other players haven't amounted to anything yet and in the case of Lind and Gadjovich, they have been relatively slow to develop. Looking at the draft itself, there are certainly players drafted behind Lind that has showed more NHL promise, including Robertson who is a Calder candidate.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
A major pet peeve of mine is the "look who was drafted after them" mantra. Every team could put together a cup contender if they looked back at drafts and cherry picked their choices based on 3 or 4 years of post-draft performance.
Five players drafted to a team in one year that go on to play in the NHL...seriously, that's outstanding.

Oh...and I came into this thread to say that Gadjovich is in Winnipeg waiting for the team - that is before I got distracted.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Not that this will ever happen, but I’d like to see PP1 with Gadjovich as the screen, Horvat in the bumper position, Miller for the one-timer on the wing, Boeser for the wrister on the other side, and Hughes getting shots through from the point. Every player in a position of their individual strengths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad